Thursday, November 5, 2009

THANK YOU LORD


I must tell everyone what is happening .It is

so wonderful.Yesterday I cleaned out my

fridge.By this I mean taking everything out

and taking all the parts to the sink and washing

them .

Can you believe this?I didn't keep track,I wish

I had but about4 weeks after surgery I started

cleaning.ha,if you can call it that.Most of you know,

my daughter moved in and her and my husband

literally took care of me totally.There was so little I

could do for myself.If it had stayed that way much

longer,I would've gone to a nursing home.It was

almost too much.

But back to my story.I started by making up my bed,

Easy, Right?We have a simple comforter and sheets.I

would have to sit and rest and catch my breath literally

5-6 times.I never timed me,but it took a while.

Now lets update this sad story.ye-ha--------------.

I have been taking of course chemo and radiation.The

first week I got flu-like symptoms from what the dr

thought was the chemo and it would happen every week.

Wrong,this week I feel GREAT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

I have become anemic from the chemo,Tuesday they gave

me a super-duper iron and vitamin shot.WOW.I felt so good

I wish I could have them everyday.

And along with cleaning my fridge,I am about 99 % in charge

of my house cleaning.My dh has to do the vacuuming.I

may never get to vacuum again,aw----------------.tee hee.

I have 3.5 weeks to go.It s tiring to go to Dallas everyday and

fight the traffic.But these people are so and kind,they all but make it

fun for you.

For instance on Halloween they had a spread for us.Cookies,

chips,dips,you name it.All of it was delicious.As my dr.passed by I

thanked him for the little party."he said.we'll do anything to get yall to eat."

haha.

And another blessing?I.of course i am on oxygen.My "lease "is 50 ft.long.

I can just barely stretch from one corner of my house to the other.I am

constantly getting tangled and stuck.So like every thankful just to be

able to breathe person would do.I YANK my cord.Sometimes pulling it

away from the machine
.End result,I am on ZERO oxygen.I am on 4,we are going to try to get me down

asap.sometimes I run out of air before i know it.Sometimes I realize it and am still breathing almost normal.

What happened to that lady that was suppose to be dead i.5 yrs ago?

What happened to that lady that woudln't make it through the surgery

and set records there?What happened to the same person the drs said

the copd and emphysema would get me before the cancer?

My baby girl used to tell her brother and sister with her little fists on

her hips,"you ain't the boss of me."Well I know who the boss of me is,and he

isn't quite ready for me,YET...............................Love you all.Anniepoo


29 comments:

Shelia said...

Praise God! I'm so thrilled to hear all of this, Ann! Bless your heart.You've just been through so much, but you're so right! God is the boss of you and He's not through with you yet! What a testimony and what an inspiration! I'm just so proud to hear all of this. You're just a cleanin' and just a lovin' it! Woo Hooness!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

southerninspiration said...

Wow, what a story....great report! How wonderful that you are thankful to be able to clean. We can all take lessons from that, Anniepoo!!! you are such an inspiration!
Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, such a great praise report.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh Ann....I'm so happy for you....God is so good, isn't He? What a blessing....Whew...a vitamin and iron shot? Isn't that dandy. I wish they had little dispensing places for those all over...sort of like a gas station?...We could all stop and get a fill-up!

I'm sending you a big hug...

Spencer

Glenda/MidSouth said...

How wonderful! Glad to hear you are doing so well.
Glenda

Riet said...

Oh Ann, how wonderful to hear that.I am so happy for you. Imagine that, cleaning the house, you go girl.
Hugs from Riet

Really Rainey said...

Sounds like you are doing really well! Thank you so much for keeping us updated... Take care there...
Love & Light Rainey

Angela said...

Praise the Lord! I'm rejoicing with you Ann! That is great news to hear! I couldn't be happier right now!

((((HUGS))))
Angela

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh Ann, what a special answer to prayer and I am so thrilled for you. You are doing so good. Just enjoy each step and don't push too much, you sure don't want a setback. You are doing wonderfully. Hugs, Marty

~CC Catherine said...

Dear Anniepoo........I am SO happy to hear your update! May God continue to give you the STRENGTH and PERKY attitude with all the FAVOR you deserve. YOu are truly a walking miracle, a walking testimony, and a walking MARVEL! You are precious in HIS sight, and all ours as well! Bless you and may you continue to RECOVER MIRACULOUSLY! Love ya~ ~CC Catherine

Lisa said...

I think you boss has plans for you and they are not with him right now! I love hearing from you and I am sooooo glad you can clean. It would be fun to have a maid (hehe)but I get why you want to do it!!
Big hugs to you my sweet friend!
Lisa

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Anniepoo, what a joyful post! Now, if I could just make myself thankful for being able to clean!! Just kidding. I am thankful that I'm able to clean - I just need to make myself do it! I loved reading this post. Only you could make chemo sound like fun! laurie

Diane @ Four Paws and Co said...

That was the best news I've had all day! Hugs! ☺♥☺ Diane

Barbara said...

Annie, I am so happy for you and yet need to appologize to you....when I redid my blog, I left yours off my Texas list. I kept thinking I was missing someone, but couldn't remember who.

Well if it means anything, you are back and I am so glad to be in touch again.

Barbara

Lisa Ann said...

What an awesome God we serve! I'm so happy to hear your doing so well. I will keep you in my prayers.

santamaker said...

((((( Hugs )))))) Ann, I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling like your spunky self! Fantastic news and now I'm going to have to get busy and get off my butt and clean MY refrigerator!

Mary said...

Ann, your new is so good to hear! You are an inspiration to us all. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and enjoying Pink Saturday.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

PTL! I love hearing good reports in people's battles against this disease. I'm so glad you got that shot, and tell them to keep it up! Also happy you have some help from your family and that you feel so much better.

XO,

Sheila :-)

♥Mimi♥ said...

YES! YES! YES!

Sandra - Cottage Dreamer said...

God bless you and continued improvement. It's such a joy to read a positive story.

Connie said...

Great news ! I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work.

Tardevil said...

So glad He's not ready to let you check out! And glad to hear you are doing better!

Lady Katherine said...

Your doing so great! I knew you could do it! I so proud of you! I need to borrow a little of that oxygen. lol

Cathy said...

I haven't been by to visit in a while but I'm so glad I did today. It's wonderful to hear that you are feeling better and that shot of Vitamins gave you that extra charge you needed. I just want to say, don't go near that vacuum cleaner ever again! Keep feeling great my friend and come visit me when you are up to it.

xo Cathy

squawmama said...

Hey Annie I am so glad that you're doing so well and that the Chemo was not as bad for you after the first treatment... You are indeed a miracle... Love Ya

(((HUGS)))
Donna

mbkatc230 said...

Ann, this is such wonderful news! I've been out of town (with no internet access yikes!) and just got back - this was such a wonderful thing to read! I'm so sorry that you might not be able to vacuum again - HAHA that just cracked me up. I say stay away from that thing as long as you can get away with it tee hee. I will keep praying for your continued improvement. Girl, you are proof that miracles do happen and that the power of prayer is amazing. Hugs, Kathy

Chari said...

Hello Dearheart...

{{{me jumpin' up & down}}}

Hallelujah...Praises be to Jesus!!!

Girlfriend, I came over just as soon as I read your excited news in the sweet note that you left me!!! Ohhh honey, this is just the best news that I've heard in forever...really!!! There really aren't words to explain or describe how very..very happy that I am for you!!! To know that you are feeling sooo much better and that each day you're getting stronger and stronger! Sheeshh...strong enough to be cleaning out that frig! Hehe! It really is amazing how we take being able to do these daily "mundane" tasks for granted...until we are unable to do them...right? Girlfriend, I know that the Lord has been with you each and every step of this journey!!! And...Darlin', you have been letting that "light shine" bright and clear for Him...he is honoring you for that!!! Ohhh...I'm just in tears of pure joy for you!!! I love you, Sweetie!!!

I'm just elated to have received a note from you today...I will continue to Praise the Lord for what He has done and continues to do in your lift, Darlin'!!! Still...many heartfelt prayers lifting you up!!!

Love ya, Ann!!!
Chari

kanishk said...

I'm just so proud to hear all of this. You're just a cleanin' and just a lovin' it
free internet jobs

Sam said...

Woo Hoo, such a great praise report.