Saturday, August 22, 2009

Weekend Update

Hi everyone. Ann is continuing her recuperation in Houston. She is able to sit up and is eating food on her own (although her daughter Pam says, "She eats like a bird, but always has." :-)). She is still in a lot of pain, but with such invasive surgery, that is certainly not surprising. The pain medication is helping but also making her nauseous, so I'm praying for some relief for her soon.
I spoke to her just briefly on the phone. She was barely audible, as she had just had a breathing treatment which makes her throat sore. (And she already has such a soft, sweet, Southern Belle voice! :-)) But I was able to tell her how much we all loved her and that SO many of you have been continually checking in and praying for her!

Debbie has gone home to check on Roo and all her other beloved birds. I know that'll make her feel better!

Both Debbie and Pam are just the sweetest, most loving daughters! It is of great comfort to know that Ann is surrounded by such a beautiful and caring family!!

Pam told me that they are HOPING that Ann will get to come home Thursday. I think I can speak for all of us when I say it will be so GREAT to see her back home! :-)

Love to all of you,
Laura

23 comments:

marty39 said...

Oh, I am so thrilled that she is on the way to recovery. I will continue to keep her in prayer for a speedy and complete recovery. Thank you so much for the updates. God Bless. Hugs, Marty

Lisa said...

So happy to hear it! Thanks for the updates!
Love and prayers, Lisa

blushing rose said...

Wonderful news. TY for posting ... give her a hug. TTFN~ Marydon

southerninspiration said...

Is Anne still in ICU or in a private room????

Suzanne

Tomarie said...

She has been in a private room since Tuesday. :-) L~

shirley said...

Wishing Ann all the best for a speedy recovery. I shall keep her in my prayers and continue to stop by her place to keep updated on her progress. Having a good outlook sure does help. Give her my best and to all her family too!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for the update.

mbkatc230 said...

What a wonderful report! Thank you so much for keeping us all updated. Ann is so loved here, she is one of the first people who came by and made me feel welcome. I'm so thrilled that she was out of ICU so quickly. Keeping her and her family in our prayers. Hugs, Kathy

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Laura thank you for the good news. I hope she will be able to go home Soon to recover and be in the comfort of her own home!

blessings
mary

Shanda said...

Checking in and sending my prayers and love. Hope all is going well.

Connie said...

Laura, Your update certainly is very good news. Imagine, sleeping in your own bed. That will be so good for you. I think of you so much and your courage.

Denise said...

Thanks for the update, God bless dear Ann.

Diane @ Four Paws and Co said...

Our Lady Ann is absolutely amazing! I'm so thrilled to hear she's doing so well. Thank you Laura!
Hugs! Diane

squawmama said...

I am so happy to hear that Ann is doing well... She is such a special person and I am praying that all will come out wonderful for her... Thanks for keeping us updated!

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Helen said...

Thank you so much for the positive news .........

Shelia said...

Oh, how wonderful to hear Ann is on her way to recovery! It's just a miracle to hear she's doing this well so fast! She continues to be in my prayers as well as her dear family!
Blessings,
Shelia :)

twixxis said...

Hurry home, Ann. I miss you.

twizzis said...

Sorry, I can' spell me own name!

Twizz

Ginger said...

Well, that is sure good news. Glad everything is going so well.

Beverly said...

Thank you for these updates. My thoughts and prayers are with Ann and her family.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

How good it is to hear that Ann is on her road to recovery! Thanks for keeping us updated.

~CC Catherine said...

Glad to hear the update on Ann! I had seen the prayer request for Ann on Laurie's blog and made sure I have been praying daily since. Praying for a speedy recovery and a safe trip back home soon! May God continue to carry her through this trying time. It sounds like she has a huge fan club and supportive family to care and pray with and for her! What a blessing! ~CC Catherine

Jill said...

I hope she recovers soon. She has just been through so much this last year.
Give her my best wishes and tell her we are all praying for her.

Jill :)