Thursday, July 16, 2009

FINALLY----IT WILL SOON BE OVER

Hello all.As usual,we just returned from Houston.
They did the cath on me.Which meant they
ran a camera up my hip artery to my heart
and made sure there was no blockage.Ladies
I want you to know I have the arteries of a 20
yr.old .ha.I was sent home a copy.They
are beautiful.
Both my sweet girls took me again.If you are
keeping up with my story you'll remember I told
you last time about my baby girl getting up
in the middle of the night.Filling my tanks.
Once I ran out of air,she popped up like a little soldier
and changed it quickly and efficiently while
I am pretty sure she was sound asleep.ha.
This time the baby girl was worn out.She has had
the lovely job of taking care of mom.My first born,Pam
took over.I don't know if she got any sleep at all.
We took my entire machine this time instead of
9 heavy tanks for them to lug around.Pam was
up all night changing tanks.One was empty when we started,we didn't
know that.There is no way to mark them.Next time we will find a way.ha.
I ran out about 1.5 hrs before we got to Houston.But....
as long as I am still,like in bed,I can go without it.Well you
can imagine.Both girls just thought I was trying to keep them from worrying.
They were petrified.I felt so sorry for them.All you moms know,there is nothing harder than your child hurting and you cannot help.And it is so much worse when you are the one causing the pain.
This time we got a different hotel.Upgraded what turned out $3.00.
What a difference.The porter carried it ,all my girls didn't have to.I
am a lot of work.
None of us slept.I have a bladder infection.No,I can't have enough problems.
Pam was watching the air.Deb,slept,but restlessly.I think we were all
anxious and afraid of oversleeping and all kinds of other things we could worry
about needlessly.
Wed morning we returned to the hospital and again we were so
impressed with this hospital.So clean,so nice,everyone goes out of their way to make you comfortable.We spent the entire day.I kept waiting to meet the big cahoona.(Dr.Lobee).
After the cath,I had to stay on my back for 4 hrs.As soon as that was over we were
released.The nurse called and released us.She called immediately back and said to please stay.
My dr was on his way.
He was a long cool drink of water.Very professional,very tall.He was light hearted
and had a lovely bedside manner.
I still had my dark wraparound glasses on at this point.from the cataract surgery from Monday,the day before this surgery.
No one all day asked me why.I thought it strange,but i guess they thought i was stranger.
Dr Lobee asked,"why do you have those glasses on".I said,"I had cataract surgery yesterday,and the light still hurts my eyes."He said with the lightest heart,"Boy,you're stacking those surgeries together aren't you"?I said yep,tomorrow,I'm having a boom job".We all had one big laugh.
Then he got serious and told me he was going to take 20% of each lung.A little more for the one with the cancer beside it.Yes,the mass was cancer.And he is going to take some extra tissue and some lymph nodes too.
This is my Hospital.The real picture of it.My girls have walked I think every part of it.Or at least they felt like they did.It is Houston Methodist Hospital.
After Dr.Lobee left we precede to check out,When i went into the surgery for the cath it was
10:30.The girls left to check us out of the hotel.When they got back the valet
parking was full.So------------they had to park in the north forty.When Pam left to go get the car for us,she left the keys lying on the table.deb didn't know to follow her,which way did she go.?The nurse said you can page her.We did.She must have been in the elevator,she never heard it.We went ahead and went down to the front door afraid of course we would miss her coming back up.
We didn't time it,but we looked and waited and looked and waited.......................Deb almost went and got the it ,but Pam was probably on her way.The only scenario we hadn't thought of.Pam thought she had lost the keys.She,in heels,had re-traced every step they had made that day while I was in surgery.The gift shop,the restaurant,the restrooms.Everywhere.she finally came back to us,She fell in Debbies arms.We thought she was laughing.She was crying.Because she thought she had lost the keys during the day.
Dr Lobee wanted to do the surgery Wed,,yesterday.But we didn't to come home and re-group.That is what we originally wanted.But we have ben down there 4 or 5 times,of course,this time we weren't pre-pared.So the date is set now for.Check in Mon Aug 17th and the surgery Aug 18th.
I will be in the hospital 7 to 10 days.and in icu quite a few of that.But he said with
the cancer,I won't be as well off if I hadn't have had it.But....I will most likely be off the oxygen and be able to have a much better quality of life.No more staying at home 24/7.Even though I am a home body,I do love to shop and go visiting and to the G.sales.You all know.
thank you all for being such great and devoted friends.I love you all and I have felt your prayers.I love you.Ann

40 comments:

blushing rose said...

My dear, what next for you. May this be a blessing & a return to normalcy in your every day life. Prayers will be lifted for you to continue to have the hand of the Lord on you in a healing blessed way. Take care & keep us posted ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Deanna said...

Dearest Ann,
your girls are just walking around with gossamer wings on this earth. How wonderful that they take care of their mama. I offer you my prayers and that the Lord will hold you close in his arms and give you the love and tender mercies that only He can give.

Blessings,
Deanna

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Oh ANN we are praying. Isn't it a blessing to have those around you that love you so during this time. During my time in ICU and the hospital stay last week I was so aware of how blessed I am to have so many who love and cherish me! My DH has been wonderful waiting on me hand and foot and I do worry for him like you do for your girls that I am making him way too tired.
I am so glad that you are comfortable with you Doctor also- which is so very important at times like this. And most importantly I have become aware of how our lives are really only in HIS hands. He spared my life- He has a purpose for each breath we take till that day when He calls us to come into His loving, gentle arms.

Praying Praying Praying
mary

Shelia said...

Oh, Dear Ann! What wonderful daughters you have to take such good care of their Mommy! I'm glad your cataract surgery is over. You'll continue to be in my prayers as you face the next surgery! Try to get some rest and know you're cared for!
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

mbkatc230 said...

Ann, such great news that the surgery will be soon. And I'm so happy to hear that you got to visit with the Dr. and that you feel comfortable with him. Your daughters truly are angels, and I'm so happy that they are able to be there for you. It sounds like they caught the mass early, and his plan sounds like a winner. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to your first post surgery shopping trip post!! Hugs, Kathy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

(((hugs))) Not only to you , but also what your daughters are doing. Tell your daughtersw to wear some good walking shoes - those hospitals/parking lots will wear you down in a hurry regardless of your age. Good to hear from you.
Glenda

marty39 said...

Oh Ann, I am so thrilled the surgery is scheduled and soon it will all be over. Your girls are the best ever. What a blessing. I just know the Lord is going to guide the Dr's hands and you will be up and at'em way sooner than they think. You know you are in my prayers always. Hugs, Marty

Denise said...

Sweetie, I love you. I am praying without ceasing for you.

Charli and me said...

Dear Ann, I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. Please know you as well as your family are in my thoughts and prayers

Lisa said...

I'm so glad!! I will pray for you and your sweet family!
Hugs and prayers, Lisa

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Ann, I was aware that all of this was going on.. The eye surgery is a piece of cake,Mr. P. had one done in Feb. and then I had him in the hospital and after he recovered had the second one done.. amazing how well he can see.. now other complications..thats another story in itself.. I'll put you on my prayer list for the lung surgery. You'll certainly be a new person inside and out when you come home.. I'll remember your date.. that was my beoved Mother in laws birthday... many prayers sent your way.. hugs ~lynne~

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

COntiuned prayers for you my friend!

Really Rainey said...

Hello Ann... Your girls are wonderful and at least they have each other to help each other... I took care of my Mother by myself... Your post actually helped me understand a little better how my Mother felt about me taking care of her... she couldn't talk the last part of her illness so she was never able to tell me... But i think she spoke through you.. Thanks Ann... blessed be..

Love and Light
~Really Rainey~

squawmama said...

Hello my sweet friend... Soon hopefully this will be over and you will be well on your way to recovery... My thought & prayers are with you. Have a blessed day.

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Connie said...

Ann, Thank goodness for such sweet daughters ! Your news about the procedure sounded great. Now, you have a few weeks to relax.
So many people are praying for you.......
Count me in, too.
Do take care... Connie

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

I'm still praying! Love ya, laurie

Chari said...

Hello Dearheart...

Just stopping by to say hello! I'm sorry that I haven't been by much lately...Russell has been home on vacation and we've been so busy! I haven't been to the computer much but he went back to work today so I had time to do some "catching up"!

Darlin'...Praise the Lord!!! So happy to hear that you have a definite date for your surgery now!!! I know that's got to be a relief just knowing when it's all going to take place! Just know that I am praying, praying, PRAYING, Sweetie!!!

Ohhh Ann, I'm so happy to hear that both of your girls have been there to help you out! They're angels!!! Of course, I didn't have to tell you that...did I? Hehe! How is your eye coming along since you've had the surgery done on it? I've been praying for your quick recovery, Darlin'!!!

Soon...it's going to be soon now, Ann!!! I'm just elated and looking so forward to your "soon to be" better health!!! You know that I love you, Darlin'! Please let me know if there is anything that I can do....

Love ya,
Chari

Linda said...

Ann, you have a treasure in those sweet, attentive daughters. I know you are so thankful for them, but I'm sure they got their caring, loving natures from you! May God bless you and give you His strength and healing along this path you have to walk. Linda

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

ANN Don't you dare feel like a heel- you have quite a time of it yourself! My illness is an interesting story- I got bit by a rattlesnake! You can read about it if you would like- I just updated our ministry blog about it- www.coloradocrossroads.blogspot.com

God was there in the midst of a very scary time as He is with you! We (DH and I) continue to lift you up when we have a prayer time in the mornings.

blessings
mary

Chandy said...

Ann, just got back from a little vacation myself visiting the in-laws for a week. Glad to know that when I finally had a chance to visit you, things are looking up.

Yay!!! I hope all the surgeries go smoothly and you heal well.

Rest up...

xinex said...

Thanks, Ann. How are you? Hope all is well. Getting ready for your next appt?...Christine

Nana said...

Ann,
You are an inspiration indeed!!!
Hang in there. I know you are in good hands with your family and I know God is watching over you all!!
You are in my prayers.

Deanna said...

Just stopping by to say hello and sending warm wishes

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Deanna

Barbara said...

Ann,I am so sorry, I am behind the times. I was in Houston Friday the 24th and would have dropped in to see you if I had just read your Blog sooner. I am so sorry you have had so much trouble. I will be praying and hope you are home soon and doing much better. You have 2 wonderful daughters, I know you are proud of them. Hurry back.


Purple Hugs.
Barbara

Jill said...

Hi Ann..
I have been keeping you in my prayers. You are blessed with your children.
Take care of yourself!

The Texas Woman said...

Between your wonderful daughters and your blogging friends, you've got it made, Ann! You are in my thoughts.

Jillian said...

Hello Ann...thank you for stopping by and wishing me with encouraging words. Very sweet of you! I have been reading your story and I do hope you are feeling much better soon!

Jillian

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Continue to heal... you have come a long way baby! It was good to see you over in my world. take care my friend.

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Wow, what a day! I'm so glad you now have a date! Yipee! Ann, you are going to be running circles around us before long! :-)

Riet said...

Oh Ann I am so happy you could visit me today. Thank you so very much. Riet

Linda said...

Dear Ann, My what an ordeal you have been through lately. And with that you are still sweet enough to stop in my little old blog! Well I keep you in prayers that God's healing grace is upon your body and that he brings you many good good days ahead in the future.
I can feel your great spirit and truth in the words you type. That good attitude in life will get you through things like this, so hang in there!
God Bless with hugs,
Linda

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Ann,
It was so great to read all the kind comments you left me today! You just really made my day sweet lady.
I was so thrilled to hear Roo is doing well and you too. Keep us posted on your surgery.
We all love you and pray for you daily my friend.

Hope to see you visit for my B-day giveaway this week. ~Melissa :)

Melissa Miller said...

Thank you so much for the kind visit my friend!
I'm pulling for you too win for sure. Look at my new button on your blog? AWWW! You are the sweetest. Thank you for adding it.

Have a blessed day.
Love ya, ~Melissa :)

lvroftiques said...

Hey my little sugar pea!! I'm sooo glad to see your blog again! I have been praying for you daily and I have the bestest feeling about this surgery! I know you're going to be so much better! A whole new (20ish *winks*) Anniepoo! I love you Vanna

Dixie said...

Ann... just wanted to drop by and say hello, and to let you know I was thinking of you today and wondering how you were feeling... sending up little prayers each day.
God bless you. Dixie

Connie said...

Hi Ann,
You are still in my thoughts and prayers. What a blessing your family is for going the whole route with you.
You will especially be with me on the 18th and I wish you all the best health afterwards. You certainly deserve it.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

I've not kept up with blogging very well this summer and I stopped by to see how you were. I'll be praying for you, Ann. I hope you are doing well.

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

ANN- Hopping over to say Hi and let you know we are praying! Know you will be relieved to have this over with soon. And just coming from having a near death situation last month- I am so aware of how God loves and protects and does His perfect will in our lives for those who love Him. You are in such good hands friend!!

blessings
mary

Jeanette Donaher said...

Hi Ann..happened to see your comment on my badly neglected blogspot so visited yours. I do hope your well. I've had some health issues that caused me to seek the Lord in earnest & I look back & give thanks for seeing me thru. Blessings to you & your family.

Barbara said...

Ann, You are in good hands in Houston at Methodist Hospital and I am sure the doctor is the best, with those things and God in charge of all of it, I know things will be fine. I will be praying for you and waiting to see you back blogging real soon.

Praying for a speedy recovery.
Barbara