Wednesday, March 11, 2009

TABLESCAPE THURSDAY AND THRIFTY THURSDAY

Welcome to Our St.Patty's Day @
Kathleens home and

Thursday Tablescape and Thrifty

Thursday.Our two lovely and

sweet hostess' are waiting,along

with ALOT of participants.You can

find our Hostess' here @

http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

for Susan and
http://lbratina.blogspot.com/ for Leigh.
I have prepared today for me Irish

buds,or bud.And me hubby he is of

the irish blood and a wee bit of his

red hair is still up their.Only a wee

bit,ya know?

Tonite,Lord willing,we will be having

cornbeef and cabbage.I love cornbeef

sandwiches.To me it's kinda like

Thanksgiving or Christmas.I like the

sandwiches the next day as much as the

actual dinner.

And today I have many a thrifty find.Me

plates,thrift store $1.00.I don't
think they

are depression.I think they are
depression

want-to-be's.But aren't they pretty?

The napkins again are my J.C.Penny.They

go with soooooooooo much.
Another thrift

store find awhile back,$3.00 for
8 brand new,

I believe is what me paid.



Look at the cool napkin rings.Aren't they cute?

$1.00 Dollar Tree,I don't know what they're

called,but they make these just in a ring for

Christmas,St.Pattys Day.Almost all holidays.



I also tore off some of the clovers and

put them under the plates.

On the candle holders.


And I cut smaller ones for the glasses.

Speaking of.I bought glasses at

The DollarTree for $1.00 each.

But I already had these I had

bought at

another thrift store back when

I first started tablescaping.I

let the mister

select everything today.He

did good didn't he?he

selected the glasses,the

tablecloth,the vases,and

the candle holders.

These ARE REAL flowers.They

I suppose stick the edges in dye.

I even

get blue and totally green and

strange colored flowers,especially

closer to spring


See,here I gave him a choice of these

or smaller ones.I put the little

clovers in them.
Aren't they cute?

I had found 2 tablecloths.Garage sale

Just a few dollars each.

A green one and a white one with
pretty flowers.You will see the
other soon.Now that Spring is almost
here.they both I believe
were $2.00 each.
The flatware again is my mixed
pieces.I have really been
trying to add onto make new
sets.They
are all silver and 15 cents at
Goodwill.You have to dig
through all the others.But you
can tell even without
reading the tiny backs.The
silver is so much heavier.


Here's a close up of the pretty

plates.And the chargers are

my silver ones from Big Lots
$6.00.


These are the glasses I paid I think

$2.00 for at a thrift store.James

selected these instead od the ones
from Dollar Tree.




I put my little gnome pin in the

flower.Just to make it a little more

Irish looking.Awwwwwwwwwww


Susan,oh Susan are you looking?

These are of course salt cellars.On the

way home from the Dr's just last
Thursday,bammmmmmmmm.
Garage
sale,the same one open again

I bought all those glass knobs
for $1.00 each.
The lady thought these were
ashtrays.I guess they or at least
one had never
been used or washed.See the
tag underneath?I stuck it back
on.It came off
when I washed it.I paid,now
Susan,sit down,25 cents each.
Yipeeeeeeeeee!


And Thats my Irish Tablescape and

it is extremely thrifty,woudn't you say?

Thank you and please,now,lets so see
what everybody else has got for us to see.


Now lets run by

Kathleens for a quick look and see

what everyone else has for us,shall we?

See you there.@

http://cuisinekathleen.blogspot.com/

45 comments:

roy/elisabeth dean said...

Beautiful! I love all the green~
I have the TINIEST bit of Irish in me (just enough to legally wear my "kiss me I'm Irish" tee shirt). No one really believes it though. I look exactly like my Cherokee Indian Grandmother with my black hair and dark complexion~

One of these days I'm going to participate in Tablescape Thursday.
I'm gathering ideas from your blog!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Blessings~
♥,Lilly

marty39 said...

Oh I love all the green and the fact that you were so thrifty with your finds. Now your DH did a fabulous job choosing all the pieces. I love corned beef and cabbage and I'm sure it will taste extra special at this lovely tablesetting. Hugs, Marty

Susan said...

Tsblescape looks great Ann! Love the little salt shakers!

Susan

Shelia said...

Hi Ann! This is so lovely! Love the green - perfect for St. Patrick's day! I just love a bargain! The flowers are perfect!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Keetha said...

I LOVE the salt sellers.

Wow, those plates sure LOOK like depression glass - - - but if you bought them new recently at a dollar store, they must not be. Really good wanna-bes!!!

I think they put the stems of those white carnations in green water, the green dye is carried up into the tips of the petals by the vascular system of the flower. I LOVE the look!

tardevil said...

Love the green plates. Love the "bling" around the wine glasses too! The vase is awesome.

prof en retraite said...

Hi Ann! I love your St Paddy's day tablescape...very festive!! And very thrifty, too! Good idea for the napkin rings!! Wonderful job!! Hugs...Debbie

xinex said...

Hi Ann! You menu sounds delicious, your table looks so festive, what more could your dh ask for? Perfect!...Christine

Cherry's Jubilee said...

I have a whole collection of antique salt dips....tucked away in a box. I need to get them out and display them. love your table. cherry

JudyBug said...

Love the green! Geat job!

JudyBug

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

ANN such a sweet St Pattys table- I love the shamrocks under the plate.

I am wondering could those little ashtrays actually be salt cellars?
They look small enough.

Blessings
mary

Melissa Miller said...

I love the Green tablescape Ann.
I forgot about St Patty's Day amd have had Easter on my mind.

I do love your shamrock napkin rings and the white candlestick with the hanging crystals.
Very pretty.

Oh yeah we do love steak.
That would be a tough one to give up.
~Melissa :)

mbkatc230 said...

Love all your green Ann. I really like the way you put the clover under the clear plate, so clever and cute. You found some great bargains, and this is so cute for St. Patrick's Day. Kathy

Diane @ Four Paws and Co said...

Great tablescape Ann! Hubby did you proud! ♥♥♥

Linda said...

The green is so soothing and yet so alive....very pretty. And now I'm wanted a corned beef sandwich on rye! Linda

Dixie said...

Ann... St.Paddy himself would be quite proud...
blessings. Dixie

The White Bench said...

SOOO inspiring!
Thank you!
Love all that green...
Monica.

susan said...

great garage sale find!!!

Miss Laura Lu/RMS4291960 said...

Well, top of the mornin' to ya! No Irish...but Scottish in me blood! Your table is so pretty! Thank you for sharing all your green pretties! God Bless you today! Lauralu :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I think you did well with your thrifty finds... I would have thought they were Depression Glass. I can remember an Easter table set totally in the green at a friend's house that was stunning. It works equally well for St. Paddy's as your pictures show! Thanks for sharing your tablescape with us...

Happy St. Paddy's Day and Happy Tablescape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Barb said...

Ann, it is lovely...I just love green. The color is so refreshing. Love it!

Barb~Bella Vista

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty table and you have some great finds. Love a bargain! Corned beef sandwich sounds so good.
Glenda

Leigh of said...

Ann,
I just love it! I am doing a St Pat tablescape next week in honor of my husbands Grandma. I love that depression glass. So pretty! I also love the troll.

Raggedy Girl said...

What a lovely and thrifty table scape, you did a great job.

Have a Terrific Thursday
from a Raggedy Roberta Anne

Barb said...

Beautiful green tablescape.
Love the deep green in the plates.

Chandy said...

Just lovely to look at! Great table you have there today, thanks! Happy TT!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Pretty St Pat's table!

Janie's World said...

Thrifty and nifty!

lvroftiques said...

Between you and Chari, you two are the QUEENS of the deal lately! Very pretty Ann! And leave it to you to find silver at the GW! I'm going searching the next time I'm there! *winks* I just love corned beef sammies too! Love Vanna

Carey said...

I love it! How fun!

Tomarie said...

Oh Ann! This is such a BEAUTIFUL tablescape!! Unlock the door and watch for me in the window...I'm coming over! :-) L~

Melissa Wertz said...

Ann, good buy on those salt cellers! I only have 3, (was collecting them, but around here they got too rich for my blood.) and I have paid 6.25 to over 10 for each. The one over ten is mint.

Lovely Irish table and you have an Irish lace placemat I believe?

Birdies are doing fine! How are yours?

Candy said...

Love you wee little story there
and also the wee little lady bug hiding amongst the green.
Cheers, Candy

Keetha said...

About whether or not it is really depression glass - - - I'm no expert, but there are books that show patterns and values. Also, an antique dealer (a good one) would know.

You might even find some information online that would help.

Kathleen Ellis said...

Cute tablescape! What a steal you got on those salt cellars!
Have a fabulous weekend!
;-D

LdyDy said...

Great St.Paddy's day table! Love your green dishes! They look like depression glass! Have a great rest of the week!!

Kathleen said...

Happy St Patrick's Day!
Love the salt thingy's...I don't have any..
These blogs are dangerous..who knew I needed indiv butter domes, and now I need egg cups!
Have a great weekend!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ann, look at all of your neat things in your tablescape. And my good friend would just be wild over those salts. She collects them. I've got to go put on my green and head out in a few. Here's wishing you a very Happy St. Patrick's Day. I'm going over to Kathleen's now to see the rest of the crew!

XO,

Sheila :-)

SusanQ said...

Great buys! I love the little gnome in the flowers :)

Kim Chalfant said...

Got to love a deal!!!

ellen b. said...

Hi Ann! I really enjoyed this post. I'm a thrifty shopper and I so love a bargain. I love your tablescape and all the accessories you put together from all your great finds! Way to go girl!

Marsha said...

A woman after my own heart..I love a good bargain as well.

What a beautiful tablescape for Kathleen's party.

Foley said...

Super post - you are definitely a bargain hunter!! Love the napkin rings!!

Kathleen said...

Thanks so much for coming to the party!
Love your bargains..

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色