Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SECOND TIME AROUND

My yesterdays post and to days post go together.
There is a string of projects that I wanted to post
about and the logical place was in the beginning.
This story is a real tried and true SECOND TIME
AROUND.
second Time Around is hosted by our sweet
ffriend Ms Diane.You can find her and alot of
other participants @
http://diane1876.blogspot.com
See the detail on the medallion?That's not
el-cheapo.That
is solid wood and real carving.I of course
bought it long
before I ever knew where it would be
hung.For eons I
couldn't get DH to hang it.Sooooooo,
remember those
Hollywood movies doors?I nailed it
to my craft door.It
fell off.I didn't hammer too hard,I
didn't want to harm that
pretty carving.But it really looked
snazzie.ha
I bought it years ago at a
consignment store for
$28.00.I love it.
The detail is awesome.
Now lets concentrate
on the light fixture.I have
seen them at home depot
on sale for $399.00.I
bought this for $3.00.I believe.
Again,it's been so long.But at
least not over $5.00.Look at the detail
on it.This is one of my finest hours.
When I realized where it would be
hung.I was elated.Look at the colors!
won't it look great in that old world
bath?Wrong!!!!!!!!!!Dh,I think pulled
a fast one on me.He said......he can't
hang it there for the fan.hmmmmmm.
Could be,but I don't trust him.He
loves that dang ole fan.
So where is this awesome,
gorgeous light?In what was my craft
room and is now the bird room.
They could care less.baaaaaaaa.I want
it in the bath .




See,wouldn't it look just perfect here?The
colors are begging to be hung here.It's a
match made in bargain heaven.Oh well!
Now,lets go see the rest of the ladies
and these awesome things they have.....


21 comments:

Shelia said...

Man, that's a beauty, Ann! You'd have to chop away at the ceiling to get it outta there, wouldn't you?
BE a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Linda said...

Oh, well, it's kind of like my black GW hutch, you know? Just enjoy it all to yourself in your craft room. We have issues with those bathroom fans, too! Linda

Bo said...

Haha Ann, this sounded so familiar...hubby having a reason why what we want will not work...
BTW, thanks for your sweet comments on our 40th! ;-) Bo

Cyn said...

I think it would look lovely there but alas, something else is living there. I guess this just means you need to spend more time with your birds. :)
Julianna did get a new bunny. Thank you so much for suggesting that.

kimmcl said...

Hi Ann! Don't give up! That light fixture would look beautiful against that faux tin ceiling. Marraige is give and take, isn't that what they say? Perhaps you could give DH a little something to entice him to let you have your way!! LOL!!!!
Kim

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, well... I guess you can always think of it as spreading the love around! You've got it in your craft room and the celiing in your bath. So you get two things you love in two different rooms! :-)

Happy 2nd Time Tues...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Shirley said...

Your medallion is really pretty. What a find.

Riet said...

Haha, I love your story Ann. Sounds so familiar. LOL

xinex said...

Beautiful hand carved medallion! I am a sucker for medallions...LOL! And what a deal on that light! Keep after your hubby to move them to the wallpapered ceiling. They will look even more gorgeous there....Christine

Smilingsal said...

I would never tackle that, but you're much braver than I. Have a good St. Patrick's Day.

Raggedy Girl said...

I never turn on the fan in the bath but of course I live in the super dry desert and that makes a difference. It would look lovely in the bath but it is lovely anyway.

Happy St. Patrick's Day
from the Raggedy Girl/Roberta Anne

The blog of MBW said...

Thank your for that sweet comment on my post. That is a nice medallion-I don't blame you for wanting to move it. :-)

Have a nice day!!!

Diane @ Four Paws and Co said...

You have a great eye for finding treasures! Happy St Paddy's Day Ann! ♥ Diane

bj said...

oH, that is such a beauty!! I love it...
Happy day..

Melissa Miller said...

Oh Ann that would be so pretty.
I love it!

~Happy St Patty's Day to you James and Roo! :)

I think a lady from RMS is looking for you on Laurie's blog....
She left a comment on her most recent posting.

Michelle said...

I love to do lighting...it is such an important distinction that many people just glance over.

Love the fixture!

Anne Marie said...

Hi there (nice to meet you)....okay, this is what I would do- I haven't seen your "bird room" yet, but if you like that light so much, and you obviously like your birds, then I would simply use that light as your focal point and PLAY IT UP in that room...design around the light and see where your creativity will take you!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Well, at least if the birds fly, when you look up at them, you'll see a pretty light fixture! Hope you had a great St. Pat's Day. Love ya, laurie

OCDesigner ~Athella said...

I love your ceiling is it tin stamped or painted? I would like to offer some unsolicited advice on how to handle DH. Make a complete list of honey do's with the top 5 being the most technical and important to you. Then call a handyman. When he sees the charge for the most technical the smaller things seem to get done faster. "Two birds, one stone" ~Athella

Chari said...

Hey Dearheart...

Hmmm...don't know how I missed this post! Well, I'm here now! Girl, what a deal you made on that fabulous medallion and light fixture...they're gorgeous! And...you're right, it needs to go in your bath...it's perfect with that beautiful ceiling! What's hubby need a fan for anyway? Hehe!!! Keep talkin' Girlfriend...you'll wear him down! hehe!!!

Love ya Sweetie,
Chari

RobinfromCA said...

It's really beautiful no matter where it hangs. It would look lovely in the bath with your ceiling but, sometimes we compromise. Just remember, you get the next compromise!

Have a great day!
Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts