Thursday, March 26, 2009

FAVORITE FAMILY FOTO FRIDAY AND FOODIE FRIDAY

Hello and welcome once more to


Favorite Family Foto Friday.Please


drop by and see Ms Deborah afterwards


and check out all the other ladies.They


have some really cool pictures.Ms.


Deborah can be found by clicking


here@

http://picturespotspens.blogspot.com/


I know you have all seen Bryson.


He is my great grandson.(Of


course he is Brittanys son.)But


when I featured him,I could not


find this picture.Isn't he the


Handsomest little thing?And that


smile?


Well,I found it,now you've got to


see it.Of course this was several


years ago back when the sugar just


dripped off his little neck.I do hope


your families talk like that or you'll


think I'm loco,huh?


Look at those tiny little hands.They


truly do grow up so fast.






Now it's time for Foodie Friday hosted

by the very famous and extraordinary

Ms Gollum .You can find this unique lady

and all her helpers at
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/


For Valentines James took me to


Saltgrass Steakhouse .It was delicious.


But the bread.Oh my goodness the bread.


All the nicer restraunts have wonderful


bread


But this is wonderful on top of wonderful.


I don't eat much.Trust me.I always have a


doggie bag with lunch the next day in it.

Well,I ate


alot-----


of my salad and steak and potato,but


....I ate,and ate,


'and ate the bread.James can eat.man


can the man


eat.We ate two loaves.Of course,they


are tiny.And took two home with us.


I figured they would protect the recipe


with guns,guard,and a six inch vault.Nope


I googled it,got it.That easy.


It's been on my mind.Can't wait any longer.


Let's go to the store.


Now,I'll tell you the rest of the story.


How observant are you?Did you notice
the beer is different?This is Shiner bock 100.
All they had and this was the "big'
grocery store was 12 bottles.
I figured I night use 2,maybe 3.How
different could the beer really be?
It is quite Different.This on is more
molassesy.If there's such a word.
But it too is delicious.But
I do wish I had gone ahead and gotten
the other.Next time..





Saltgrass Steakhouse Shiner Bock Beer Bread1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups Shiner Bock Beer (flat)2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour2 teaspoons dry active yeast1/4 cup warm water ( not hot )1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 cup honey1/4 cup vegetable oil1 1/2 cups all-purpose flourDissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl. Add honey and stir. Mix in wheat flour, salt and all- purpose flour in bowl. Stir in oil and slowly add flat beer. Mix all ingredients together. Place dough on a floured surface and knead for at least 10 to 15 minutes. The dough may need a little more flour added to it if becomes too sticky. The finished dough will feel smooth and spongy and will not stick to your hands.Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic until it doubles in size. Do not place dough in a draft or in an overheated area. The dough should be left to rise at room temperature.When dough has doubled, punch down in the middle and let rest for 5 minutes.Divide dough into four equal parts and shape into round loaves. Place loaves on a lightly oiled cookie sheet. Score twice on top of each loaf with a knife two inches apart and about 2 1/2 inches long. Cover loosely with plastic wrap until the loaves have doubled in size. Place in a preheated 350 degree F oven, and bake for about 30 minutes.Yields 6 servings.

32 comments:

marty39 said...

Well, I definitely agree with you, your great grandson is just about the cutest little guy ever. Love that smile. Your bread looks so good, and I will definitely give it a try. Hugs, Marty

ellen b said...

Hi Ann! What a cutie you are showing us! So darn sweet!!
The bread looks pretty yummy!!

Happy To Be said...

Oh Ann your great grand son is darling girl...and that bread I bet its wonderful right out of the oven with butter YUM!! now I am hungry for sure..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

mbkatc230 said...

He is such a doll! He's going to be a heartbreaker isn't he? And I LOVE that bread from Saltgrass - thanks for the research and the recipe! I'll just have to hide the Shiner Bock or I may go to make the bread and discover it missing lol. Hugs, Kathy

momma said...

what a great favorite family foto. the bread sounds so yummy! i wish i could smell it through the internet. i love to smell freshly baked bread.

xinex said...

What a cutie pie! He's got the prettiest smile! So glad to see you post Ann. That bread looks delish!...Christine

Really Rainey said...

What a handsome grandson! Is he flirting?

And that bread... my weak spot... It looks so good and when I can eat bread again I'm making that!

Thanks for the recipe!

~Really Rainey~

prof en retraite said...

Oh what a cutie!! And your bread looks wonderful, Ann! Hey...I thought you were slowing down! Don't overdo!! Have a great weekend...hugs...Debbie

Diane @ Four Paws and Co said...

Bryson is so precious!

Yummm, this recipe looks so good! No wonder you ate a lot bread at dinner! ♥ diane

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Ann, the sugar does drip off of little Bryson's neck! He is an absolute doll! Your bread looks delicious. laurie

The Muse said...

Truly a handsome young man...oh my!
What a heart breaker :)

Well now...mmm I have never ever ever made bread....but gosh, yours looks delicious!

Riet said...

The little guy is the cutest. And your bread looks yummie.

Bo said...

Hi Ann...Bryson is a darling! I've never made bread but this sure does tempt me to try... I'm just now seeing your previous post about your COPD...I am wishing you well dear lady...you will be missed since you'll not be posting as regularly, but please stay in touch! Hugs, Bo

Jill said...

He's a cutey!

The bread looks great. I have never ever made bread. :(

JyLnC said...

There is nothing finer than the smell of just baked bread. Heaven!

Leah said...

what a cutie.

i have a nephew named bryson. :)

marty39 said...

Thanks for stopping by Ann, do try it, the chocolate pie is so easy and so good. Hugs, marty

The blog of MBW said...

Your great grandbaby is so cute. He knows how to pose. Ann, can I have a piece of that bread? he,he,he

Chandy said...

Hello Ann, great looking bread there! Man... I'm getting weaker by the minute here (sigh...)

Anyway, I have something for you in my post. Would you please come by and check it out?

Happy Friday!

Raggedy Girl said...

What a sweet little sailor. And thanks for sharing the yummy bread recipe.

Have A Fabulous Friday
from Roberta Ann--the Raggedy Girl

imjacobsmom said...

Your grandson is a cutie and your bread sounds delish! I could use a nice warm piece now. I don't have the wheat flour or the beer but I put it on my list! Hope you're having a Happy Foodie Friday! ~ Robyn

Gollum said...

What a precious great-grandson, Ann!
Your beer bread looks great. I wish I had a slice right now!

~Tara said...

I agree, Bryson is adorable! Love the picture-thanks for sharing!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

Angela said...

Hey Ann!
What a cutie! I'll bet he has your wrapped around his little finger back then! hehehe I know my little young man has me around his! lol
The bread looks really yummy! I would have to sneak the beer into the house and hide it in several bags in the trash or my husband would probably have a heart attack! lol Years ago we went to a friend's house who marinated our steaks in a beer recipe. My husband loved it. I asked the guy how to make it and then I said don't tell my husband. I tried to make it without the beer and it didn't taste the same but it wasn't bad. lol
PS ~ I am feeling sooo much better today because I didn't have to take the kids to school and I got to sleep in! Yeah!!!!
Hugs,
Angela

Nana said...

Oooooh, thanks for the recipe!!

Dixie said...

Ann... that beer bread looks really good! think I'll have to try that!
hugs. Dixie

Cass @ That Old House said...

what an adorable little guy in that picture!

Terrific bread recipe -- a keeper for sure.

Thanks! Cass

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Aw...Ann...great pic of a cute sweetie! :-) And the bread sounds amazing...looks totally yummy. Bet your house smelled soooo good while it was cooking...love that! Susan

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Hello Ann! Thank you for visiting today~

I have gleened many ideas from your blog... but man o man do I LOVE beer bread and this recipe sounds wonderful! I've never tried a wheat kind, yum!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

That is something I would love to make. I could live on bread alone. Thanks

Brittany said...

Ooohhhh... That bread is SO yummy!

I am going to try that recipe! I love Shiner Bock... I am a true Texas gal! :)

Thank you for sharing the recipe. Carbs are a beautiful thing!