Thursday, March 12, 2009

FAVORITE FAMILY FOTO FRIDAY AND FOODIE FRIDAY


Today as usual,I'm doing both.Favorite Family Foto Friday and Foodie Friday.
First my Foodie Friday Hosted by the
ever so perfect Gollum @http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/
And we'll be going by Kathleens for a little
snack and a look -see.Grab a link @
http://cuisinekathleen.blogspot.com/
St.Patties Day TT.I
thought it best to post our St.Patty's Day
food.The only problem with that is I won't
cook it until next Tuesday.So,like with the
TT,we will pretend.Except we will use it next
Tuesday.
This picture I got from google,but it truly looks
like mine.If you've never cooked a cornbeef before
you are in for a treat.They are almost too easy.
The roast(cornbeef)comes with seasoning and
directions for cooking per lb.
I cook mine in the oven.You can of course cook
them on the stove top.As I said the package of
meat will have the directions.But I just cover the
meat with water,add seasonings.I put cabbage and
red potatoes in my pot.Cook at recommended
temperature for recommended time.Add salad
and bread,it looks like you have slaved over a
hot stove for hours,sh!!!!!!!We will never tell,will we?


And now for our Favorite Family
Foto Friday hosted by the lovely
Ms Deborah @
http://picturespotspens.blogspot.com/
No,I haven't ran out of
grand children yet.I still
have a few more stashed
away.
Today,I am sharing Josh
with you.aka Joshua Gene.
Josh just finished high school
last year.He thought about
the Navy for awhile.Then he
tried out for a Pro soccer team.
Nope,to both,so far.He just really,
as the 60's kids used to say,"hasn't
found himself yet."
He is taking classes at the local
Jr.college until he does figure out
what he does want to do.
He as alot of kids do,wants to be a
Rock Star.And he has won many
tryouts or battles or whatever they
call them today.He is good.Time will
tell.
It's so funny.He took up the guitar to
have something of interest with his Dad.
(Eddie is his Dad.Sarah is his sister.)
But he is really more interested than
his Dad.Even though Eddie plays regularly
the only time he ever thought of playing
seriously was when he was a teeny boy.He
was going to be a Rock Star and buy mama
a big fine home.
Oh the dreams of little boys for their moms,
eh?
Of course ALL of us grand mothers have
"perfect "
grandchildren don't we?So I have to brag
a while,okay?Of course my grand children
didn't come to work with me often,but
sometimes their parents would drop them
off at work with me because of course it was
easier for everyone.
Well to make a long story short.Brittany had
been up to my shop prior to that.And Brit was a
little,shall we say rotten?Well,my co-workers
heard another grand kid was coming.(incidentally
Brit was not allowed to come anymore,by me,
after whatever it was she did,ha.)I know they were
N-E-R-V-O-U-S!!
But,and here comes the bragging.Josh had been
taught,and taught well.His Dad had pristine manners
and he had taught Josh well.Remember,he was my P-E-R
-F-E-C-T S-O-N.ha.
Josh preceded to charm the ladies.He opened doors
and
yes maam,and no maam.
And offered to carry bags,or go get sodas.My co-workers
were knocked off their feet.
Truly for quite awhile after that,everybody wanted to
know when Josh was coming back.True Story.
This picture is just last year going to the prom.We
all like him better clean shaven,but again,he IS trying
to FIND himself.


Posted by Picasa
He is a bit of a clown.I started to put some really
silly ones in .But I thought not this time. The second
picture was taken at Christmas.

Posted by Picasa
Thank you and as always,lets go see what
all the others have for us.Both memes are
really growing.Why don't you join us?Grab a link
and lets gooooooooooo...

36 comments:

roy/elisabeth dean said...

Josh is VERY handsome and does look like such a charmer!

That corned beef looks FABULOUS! I've never tried cooking one before, I may give it a shot this year.

I hope you are having a wonderful day~ come see me!
♥,Lilly

Chari said...

Hey Dearheart...

Ummmm...yummy!!! I haven't had corned beef and cabbage since...I don't know when and it sounds soooo good!!! I've never actually cooked corned beef myself...just got it when we eat out! You make it sound really easy...I'll have to give it a try! And...I love cabbage, it's one of my favorite veggies!!!

Girlfriend, your Josh is quite a handsome young man! I love the photo of him in that white tux...ooooh, Baby! Hehe!!! He sounds like a really sweet young man...and raised well! And...talented!!! I don't blame ya, Sweetie...you have lots to brag about!

How are you doing today, Ann? You've been in my thoughts and prayers, honey!

Love ya,
Chari

Tomarie said...

Awwwwww...your Josh is so handsome and how great that he was such the little charmer! :-)
Your recipe looks DELISH!! :-) L~

Jill said...

Hi Ann! The corned beef looks great. I have NEVER ever made it before. My sister always makes it.

~Deborah~ said...

I just bought my corned beef yesterday! Can't wait to cook it!

Ann, I love to hear that 'we' haven't run out of grandchildren yet!

Josh is a great lookin' guy - clean shaven or not. Hey...didn't we all have to find ourselves?...some of us are still lookin'! We can always find out more about ourselves.

Thanks for sharing Josh and I can't wait to see who's next!

xoxoxo
Deborah

Angela said...

Looks like I am going to have to try to find some corned beef and cabbage to make because that looks yummy! I have had Reubens and I really like those.

Your grandson is a handsome young man. They grow up way tooo soon! He'll find what he wants to do with the rest of his life. He has a lot of time on his side. lol I have been suggesting to the young kidos to get into the utility companies and or the medical profession. There should always be jobs in both of those.
Hugs,
Angela

Happy To Be said...

Now girl you have every right to brag about your grand son Josh...hey my GS Josh ia my best one also..always a perfect gentleman and what a great daddy he turned out to be..the marines taught him well girl..got to love our Joshie boys now...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Cyn said...

Now you've gotten me hungry for corned beef and cabbage. I guess I better get to the store.
Your grandson is a very nice looking young man.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Well, I can understand them wanting to find themselves...lol..
My baby boy found himself real quick after working in a Wal-Mart warehouse for 6 mos. He's 29 and a Specialities Tech at a hospital.
He decided he wasn't going to drag home every night dirty, tired and broke so he went to X-Ray school.
Your Grand will find what he wants to do soon, he is so handsome and I wish him all the luck in the world.
Molly

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Josh is a handsome fella!

The corned beef and cabbage look delish!

ClassyChassy said...

Yummy - to your first picture, and HANDSOME to Josh!

April said...

Hi Ann~
Great looking grandson you have there! My mom used to make corned beef and cabbage...brings back fond memories!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Ann, I did a peice on my little redhead 2 weeks ago, here is the link to it..

http://mollyscountrycolorshomeplace.blogspot.com/2009/02/fridays-family-foto.html

I love my little red heads too,
Molly

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, boy a double treat, Ann! Josh is just as handsome as can be! :-)

And I love corned beef and cabbage. I've been looking at food all morning, and now I'm officially starved! LOL! I'm going into the kitchen right now and stuff my face! ;-)

Happy FF and St. Pat's Day, too!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Very handsome young man! Making big decisions is hard at that age. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You have a very handsome Grandson.
The corned beef look so good.
Glenda

marty39 said...

Wow Josh is a real lady-killer, and such a cutie. Your corned beef and cabbage just looks so good, one of my favorite meals. Hugs, Marty

Moonlight Hollow Musings said...

Josh is a great looking kid and from what you say, he must be very talented too! Any young man with manners will not take too long to "find himself". Thanks for sharing your photos!

Malisa

Joy said...

What does he think about being featured here today? ;o) He looks like a sweetheart. :o)

Chandy said...

Such a yummy post! Very yummy! And great post about your grandson. Thanks for sharing and Happy Friday!

Susan said...

very handsome young man! not big on corned beef and cabbage...but that's ok..more for others...lol

Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

Sue Jackson said...

What a good lookin kid! I'm new to the Family Foto Friday and it has been awesome to see so many great blogs! I look forward to visiting them all again1
Take care, Sue

Sheila T said...

What a handsome young man! You must be so proud. I am enjoying Family Foto Friday!

Montee said...

What a cute guy!

Martha said...

Love corned beef and yours looks so good!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Food looks Irish yummy! And we grandmothers do love to brag on those grands -- don't we? Enjoy!

Gollum said...

I cooked our corned beef early, and now they're wanting fried chicken.There's a potluck St. Pat's party at Cuisine Kathleen, and you are invited. Bring your corned beef!

Josh is such a cutie.

Kathleen said...

Thanks for coming to my party..enjoy your corned beef!
Kathleen

Suzy said...

Good looking corned beef and your son is handsome! :-)

ellen b. said...

I think a lot of us will be eating some corned beef tomorrow! How wonderful to have so many grandchildren to share with your bloggy friends! Josh is a handsome guy. Our firstborn is named Josh...

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Looks delish, Ann, and again, I love that picture of Josh! Great pic!!!

And here we are on the eve of the big day, and I want to wish you a very Happy St. Patrick's Day! Kathleen's party is going to be great fun! :-)

Erin go braugh...

XO,

Sheila

Bo said...

Hi Ann...Your grandson is one good looking young man and I'll bet he'll be a success at whatever he decides to do. Thaanks for your sweet comments about our 40th... I wish I had a big plate of your corned beef &cabbage right now even this early! ;-) Bo

Dishesdone said...

Came over from Kathleen's party :) Handsome young man! Happy St Patrick's Day! Enjoy your celebration!, I'm enjoying your blog!

Jayne said...

Happy to see you joined Kathleen's party. Hope you had a nice St. Pat's Day.

Angela said...

Hey Ann!
I keep forgetting to let you know that I tried your corned beef March 18th at it was out of this world. I will be making this recipe again. My daughter actually liked it. I did make some cabbage the regular way just in case we didn't like it cooked in the corned beef water but the cabbage that was cooked in the corned beef water was out of this world the best cabbage I have ever had! Thanks sooooo much for sharing this quick and easy recipe!
Hugs,
Angela

Dean said...

When a plant does not get any or all of these nutrients from the soil, its growth is affected. There are a few health checks you can make which are listed below. > one tablespoon (15ml) of fertilizer in a gallon of water: (10xN)÷ 0.256 = ppm. Grubex plus scotts fertilizer season-long grub control.