Thursday, March 5, 2009

FAVORITE FAMILY FOTO FRIDAY AND FOODIE FRIDAY

WELCOME TO MY FIRST FOODIE FRIDAY.
As you probably know FOODIE FRIDAY
is hosted by the famous Ms Gollum.
Today,I have tweaked the recipe,
because,I used what I had.And it was
delicious.I'm sure you could use
graham cracker or Oreo crust.
This recipe is a Sandra Lee recipe.
My husband was watching it,and it
just sounded so good so we had to
try it. Next time I will experiment
with a baggy instead of using the
chocolate bottle.I could've done better.



Peanut Butter Pie

1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 (8-ounce) tub whipped topping
Ice cream topping (recommended: Magic Shell)
1 cookie pie crust (recommended: Oreo)
Directions
In large bowl combine all the ingredients except the toppings and crust. Blend with a hand mixer. Gently fold in whipped topping; pour into prepared crust and freeze for 2 hour. Once frozen, drizzle with ice cream topping and re-freeze for 20 minutes.

Thaw slightly before serving and cut into thin slices because this is a rich pie.

FAVORITE FAMILY FOTO FRIDAY


video

Hello,Today I am doing things a little different.

Welcome to Favorite Family Foto Friday.And

as usual our sweet hostess is Ms.Deborah @
http://picturespotspens.blogspot.com/



Today,I am featuring our little feathered child.

Most of you know Roo Roo by now.He has quite

a following.I believe Ms Melissa is the head of

his fan club if interested,Just kidding~ .

Here we are eating butterscotch pudding.When

he was a bitty, James would put him up on the

coffee table and share whatever he was eating or

drinking.Well,how do you unteach a rooster?

Now that he has feet the size of mine,it doesn't

work out so well.But when Daddy gets aggravated

at him,I remind him,who taught him?Now share!

He does not get on the furniture.Although he

still gets a bubble bath once a week and smells

like lilac and chamomile.(I borrow his stuff some-

times,ha).

He trained himself to do this.As he did most of

what he does.He will stand right by you.I guess

forever,until you pick him up.He will not just hop

up there.But as you see we have slip covers on

anyway.

This bird as with our others have been a joy to

our lives.He is our shadow.He makes every step

I do during the day.And when daddy comes home,

they take a nap together.Then when they get up,

he makes every step daddy makes until 6:00

bedtime.6:30 if he's still in a good mood.

I had no idea what to show today.I recently

filmed this and I thought you might get a kick

out of it.

now it's time for us ALL to go to Ms Deborahs

and see what the other ladies have planned for

us today.Thank you...............................

35 comments:

Keetha said...

Being new to your blog, I had not had the privilege of meeting Roo Roo yet. He is very fun - - - -

But how do you keep him from doing his little poo-poo all over the place???

Susie Mitchell said...

I can tell you that I'll be trying your recipe out in a couple of weeks when my family comes...it looks yummy!
I love the video! I've raised a lot of pet chickens through the years...never one that lived in the house or got bubble baths. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a fabulous Friday!
Blessings, Susie

Diane @ Four Paws and Co said...

OMG, I love Roo's video! He's such a gorgeous boy!!!

The pie looks yummy! ♥ Diane

Angela said...

That is funny! When I was a teenager my dad brought home a chicken that had been hand fed only and had never seen another chicken. It took a while for her to adjust to the farm life. I thought she was cool and had fun carrying her around the yard. lol
Hugs,
Angela

mbkatc230 said...

Ann that pie looks delicious! I was hoping someone would bring dessert lol. And your little Roo Roo is so cute, I just love that you shared a video of him. Hugs, Kathy

Deb said...

You are full of surprises, I hadn't seen Roo Roo yet, very cute, wow a rooster that gets a bubble bath, thought my schnauzers were spoilt, lol

santamaker said...

This is PRICELESS! Goodness, Ann, I really enjoyed seeing your pet RooRoo. He is a hoot! thanks , sweetie, and by the way that pie put at least 3 lbs on me just by looking at it!

Shelia said...

Hi Ann! That pie looks wonderful! I'll have just one small slice! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Oh Ann I would love to see a picture of DH and Roo Roo taking a nap- Your are just so funny! I mean I've seen doggies sleeping and kittys, and even a hamster sleeping with their master but never....nope never, seen a rooster !

I've had the pie you brought over to Gollums and it is certainly yummy!

blessings
mary

Melissa Miller said...

Awwww Ann!!!!

I am soooo happy right now!

Peanut butter pie that looks toooo delicious for words and sweet Roo on video?

Girl you just made my night and my weekend!

He is just the sweetest lil' thing eating that butterscotch puddin'.
I LOVE IT!
I will be back over and over again to watch this one my dear.

Oh Yes, I am truly his fan!
~Melissa ;)

susan said...

I bet nobody minded that the chocolate swirls weren't perfect--they ate didn't they? :)

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

LOL, I too love chickens but have never had a live one in my house. He needs to be on Jay Leno show, he is a hoot.
Thanks for sharing.
Molly

Barb said...

Ann, that peanut pie looks so wonderful!!!

Barb/Bella Vista

jeanne said...

Ann, I LOVE Roo Roo and his story. I am trying to imagine a rooster as a pet. Having once lived on a farm our roosters were not friendly. Smile. I enjoyed you post today sooo much. Thank you.

Hug...Jeanne

Bo said...

Hi Ann...that PB pie sounds good enough to eat...LOL
Your Roo Roo needs to be on TV...
;-) Bo

Joy said...

That Roo Roo is quite a character!

ClassyChassy said...

Roo Roo is wonderful! My pet hen passed away just before the new year, and she did some cute tricks as well - played piano, and she would fly up and take pepperoni from your fingers! I don't know why being called a BIRD BRAIN is always taken so negatively - these birds are actually quite smart!!!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

The pie looks good! Roo obviously does not know he is a rooster.
Glenda

Cindy J. said...

Ann this looks delish! Your Roo is soooo beutiful.. he sure is one lucky rooster..My prayers are you with sweetie.. Love, Cindy

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful Rooster!!! Yummy looking pie!! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

prof en retraite said...

Oh my stars!!! I loove this post, Ann!!!I got to see Roo almost in real life and I heard your voice!! You are so smart, Ann, to film this and then put it on your blog!! My computer has been running so slow I could hardly visit anybody. I think I've figured out what's wrong and I need to get caught up. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend...hugs...Debbie

Kristen said...

Your peanut butter pie looks absolutely divine! And Roo Roo is adorable!

Chandy said...

Welcome to Foodie Friday! It's so much fun to do every week! If my son isn't allergic to all nuts I'd so try this recipe! It looks so yummy!

Farm Chick Paula said...

Well the pie recipe sounds awesome, Ann... but the "icing on the cake" was seeing Roo-Roo!!
And yes, chickens are just as easy to spoil as anything- just ask mine! LOL

Raggedy Girl said...

I love Roo Roo and I think you may be the only person I know who has an inside rooster and so well behaved too.

Have A Fun Filled Friday
from Roberta Anne

Susan said...

Oh yum....this sounds delicious..but I am tying to avoid sweets...but this sounds so good...maybe i will just sit and have a bite or two

Susan

Montee said...

Roo Roo is a pretty thing.

Melissa Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tomarie said...

Oh Ann...I just loved the video of Roo! Our pets are a gift from God aren't they?!
I loved your peanut butter pie recipe! :-) L~

twizzis said...

Ann, this is just too adorable...and he gets a BUBBLE BATH, to boot! You know that I'm a bird lover of any sorts so this one is near and dear to my heart. Oh, Ann, does Roo Roo eat peanut butter pie, too?

Artsy Fartsy said...

Well... this is about the cutest thing ever. I am so glad I found you blog. He is just a doll, I just can't get over him, see.. all of our little creatures are like little people!! Many Blessings, Janna

~Deborah~ said...

Ann! This is awesome! I love your feathered family member, Roo Roo! ...and hubby eats from the same spoon? That's love!

Thanks so much for the video - what a special Family Foto Friday!

xoxoxo,
Deborah

OH! The pie - I've been making this pie for years...it's always a favorite. I've just never tried the ice cream topping on mine. I will next time!

OCDesigner ~Athella said...

OMGosh....this is your rooster?
That is the cutest ever. I grew up feeding chickens I can't imagine having one for a pet... Is he potty trained? Ann you take the prize. ~Athella

moderate sherri said...

Sounds and looks divine!

I came here from Kathy's place.

♥ Kathy said...

Oh I loved that rooster! Thank you so much for joining me for Hooray for Saturday! I hope you'll come back next week too! Happy Saturday sweetie and thank you for making me smile!!