Tuesday, February 3, 2009

TRASH TO TREASURE TUESDAY



I don't know if everyone knows,
but Tablescape Tuesday is now,
Tablescape Thursday.So today
I'm just showing you my

Trash to Treasure.Only it's

really hard to think of Colette

here as trash.But someone didn't

want her.

I got her,you already know what
I'm going to say,don't you?Yes,

at a garage sale.I was so tickled

I almost knocked someone down


trying to get to her before someone
else.Don't you just LOVE how that
adrenalin flows when you see some-
thing and you HAVE to get there first.
Your legs seem like they're floating,'

like you aren't even moving?I love
that feeling.

And as you can see I got her first.
Her name is Colette.
Today,I'm going to show her off.


I really didn't know anything












































about her,except of course I
liked her.

Well,she has papers with her.So,I started
seeing what I could find out.As you can see






















she came from"The Austin Sculpture Gallery".
Sounds impressive,huh?there's more.
Here's when my old heart really starts
thumpin. Auguste Rodin created her.WHAT?
















And she's been up on he bookshelf for 2 yrs?
My heart is thumpin faster and faster as I
research.Yep,he made her.Back sometime
about 1870.I could never find her,but I found
one very similar.Her name was even similar.
Her name is Camille.< I finally found

a price on Camille.I did really






















well.I paid about 1/3 of what she's worth.I never

really understood,but my guess is ,of course,
these are re-productions of his work.You know my
Colette is not 150 yrs old.But,I am very proud of
her,and no,she isn't going back up on the bookshelf.
She'll stay down here so we can enjoy her.
Thank you and PLEASE go by and see the other
participants.they too are proud of their finds.
There's a list @ http://diane1876.blogspot.com/


28 comments:

Tomarie said...

WOW WOW and WOW!! What a find Ann! She's beautiful! So glad she went to YOU! :-) L~

ksarra said...

Great find, and I know what you're talking about when you walk up to a garage sale and see that special treasure right before your eyes.

Glenda said...

So hard to imagine someone not wanting this lovely lady in their home. Surely am glad you were there to provide her a new one.

She is truly quite striking in appearance. Everything from her windswept hair to her patrician nose declares her beauty. This is a wonderful rescue.

Amy said...

beautiful... have a great day!!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Love Colette!

Being a Camille & a lover of busts (don't look at me that way...I didn't mean it like that! *grins*), I bet you've sent me on a quest to find a reproduction of Auguste Rodin's Camille. You're an enabler!

Smilingsal said...

She is beautiful and you were wise to grab her. Thanks for sharing. Happy Trash to Treasure Tuesday.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ann, that's a real find! She really is a beauty, and I'm so happy you got her! :-) I know that adrenlain rush so well. I've felt it on seeing something I absolutely love! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great find.
Glenda

Riet said...

That is a beautiful find. Can you imagine that people do throw out such a piece of art

xinex said...

Oh, I want Colette too, Ann! Aren't you lucky getting amazing stuff and deals like that...Christine

Pug1 said...

WOWeeee, I know that feeling of a great find! CHEERS! Michele

Happy To Be said...

Ann are you sure this was not SCREAMING Gloria when you found it...Oh you know I am loving this bust...girl she is a real beauty..I thought Len was going to die when I told him I wanted a "Bust enlargement" I now have 4 of them...great post girl thanks for sharing and you do have my address to ship this don't you?? hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

tardevil said...

Collette is very pretty. She reminds me of the beach! Don't you love trash to treasure finds?

Hello Mary Lou said...

She was a great find. I love her!

mbkatc230 said...

What an incredible find! She is a beauty and I'm so happy you got to her first. Hugs, Kathy

TuTu's Bliss said...

I love the story of the sculptor,
Camille Claudel.
There is a movie you should watch about her and I think you will fall inlove even more with your find. Hugs, Jen

Debilou said...

I know what you mean about the excitment of a good find,, I don;t know a lot about sculpture but it seems like a really good find.. good for you!!

Marie said...

She is beautiful! The thrill of the find it's so worth it!
Marie

lvroftiques said...

OOOHHHHHHHH!!! Anniepoo she is lovely!! Girlfriend you are lucky that I wasn't at that garage sale...cause you know I love ya... but I would have trampled cute little ole you to get to her first *winks*Lol!..Sorry I'm not kidding haha! I have a couple of statues from the same company and they are charming! You scored again!! And I want to thank you sooo much for all your prayers Ann. You are the dearest person I know. And they're working, so thank you. I feel like someone who's received a Veranda, Southern Accents, Traditional Home and Romantic Homes mags... all at the same time!I can't wait to catch up with everyones blogs!! Vanna

prof en retraite said...

Oh Ann! She is just gorgeous! I must be the last person on earth without a frenchie bust!! lol I've gotta get me one! Isn't it nice to see Vanna back in Blogland? hugs...Debbie

Liz said...

What a beautiful sculpture! It is very expensive looking!

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your name is in the hat for sure. No button or anything. :)

~Liz

Nana said...

Well aren't you the artsy fartsy one!!! Those are some cool treasures.

Kristen said...

Colette doesn't like like trash to me either and I know you are just so happy to have her!

What a great find!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Ann, She is so pretty! I love her!

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Colette is beautiful! That thumpy thumpy feeling sure is a funny thing isn't it!

You better keep your eye on her- she looks like a bust Vanna would go for!!! (So glad to see she's back!)

Have 2 set of guests that will be arriving Thursday evening! Lots to do!

blessings
mary

Miss Janice said...

Colette is beautiful and I too know that feeling when you spot something you "have to have." It's fun!

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Hi Ann,
Thanks for sharing your great finds!

I appreciate your linking to Trash to Treasure. Sorry it took me so long to get around this week!

Lisa Palmatier said...

I know what you mean about the excitment of a good find,, I don;t know a lot about sculpture but it seems like a really good find.. good for you!!