Monday, February 2, 2009

AWARDS AND A STORY

DO YOU THINK I AM OVERWHELMED?

OF YOU DO,WELL THEN YOU ARE RIGHT.

RIET GAVE ME THIS WONDERFUL AWARD.

SHE'S LIKE NANA,AND DEBBIE.EVERYTHING

YOU GIVE HER,SHE GIVES IT RIGHT BACK.
THIS LITTLE LADY HAS SO MUCH LOVE IN
HER HEART.I TOLD HER,IT'S A GOOD THING

I'M NOT HER NEIGHBOR.SHE WOULD NEVER

GET RID OF ME.SHE HAS SO MANY TALENTS.

SHE CAN SEW OR MAKE ANYTHING.BUT MOSTLY

SHE'S JUST SO VERY KIND.GO SEE HER,SHE IS

A DOLL.YOU'LL LOVE HER TOO.



WITH THIS AWARD,I AM SUPPOSE TO

PICK 5.SO HERE WE GO.
VANNA @
KYMBER @
http://anewdaydawningforkymber.blogspot.com/
I know most of you know Kymber.She's such a
nice lady.She's been through some tough times
lately.But she is she's coming out on top.She's decorating
her new home and getting in the groove of Georgian life.
Her blog is funny with loads of love and friendship.

NIKKI@

http://nikkicrumpet.blogspot.com/


NIKKI IS FUNNY,BUT SHE ALSO

HAS SUCH A HUGE HEART.SHE


HAS A FOLLOWING OF ABOUT

250 I THINK.BUT SHE ALWAYS

FINDS A WAY TO HELP PEOPLE

LIKE ME TO GET MORE FOLLOWERS.

SHE DOES IT EVERY WEDNSEDAY.'

AND SNEAKS IN OTHER TIMES TOO.

SHE'S SLICK,YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW

SHE'S HELPING YOU,BUT SHE IS.IF

YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO NIKKI'S

YOU'RE MISSING OUT.

And two of my other favorite friends.They

don't have blogs,but one will this summer.

She's a teacher and takes her job very

serously.They are:

Glenda and Tomarie.You all I know see

them around.They are both the best

friends you could ever ask for.





This award," The Premios Dardo Award"

was given to me by: Nana

@http://kidzrecipez.blogspot.com/

Nana,this is so very sweet.If you all don't

know this lady you have to meet her.

You cannot do anything for her.She has

to have the last word.I give her something,

she gives me something.Not only does she

make me gain weigh by just looking at her

wonderful recipes.She has such a sense of

humor.She should've been a stand up

comedian.Go by her blog one time.I
promise you,you'll be hooked for life.
I am to give this award to 15 people.

I giving this award to:
laurie @
http://bargainhuntingwithlaurie.blogspot.com/
Laurie has been a friend for along time.
She along with others have helped me

through some dark days in my life.For
this I thank you my friend.

Melissa @
http://melissasheartandhome.blogspot.com/
The same goes for this precious lady she
has been my friend when I had no idea
what she looked like.She saw a lady in
distress and started praying for me.I
loved her long before I ever saw her.That's
the kind of person she is.As well as being
one heck of a decorator.
Susan @
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
We all know Susan.Susan knew how sick
I was a long time before anyone else and
never told a soul.I didn't want pity.And she
never pitied.She has also been a true friend.
Dixie @
http://frenchlique.blogspot.com/
is a new friend and a new blogger.
If you want to forget your troubles and
just laugh?Check out her blog.You'll
be so glad you did.

Cyndi @
http://lifeontheprairies-prairiedog.blogspot.com/
Same with this sweet lady. We're new friends,but
she comes with excellent references,Ha.And for a
newbie has a powerful blog.
Angie (Big HairEnvy)@
http://bighairenvy.blogspot.com/
This gal you know is funny just by looking at her]
logo.She is funny,sweet,and adores her family.Her
sweet hubby is a blogger too.You'll have to check
him out too.And their daughters name is:SNOW
WHITE.Now you know you're going to have a good
time with her.
joy@
http://joytotheblog.blogspot.com/
Everybody knows Joy.She everybodies sweethert.
Always has something sweet to say and is always
so loyal.
Elizabeth @
http://prayforroy.blogspot.com/
And Elizabeth.She's in a place nobody
wants to be.But she has and will stand by her
man.She keeps everyone informed and i'm
sure it's as outlet for her.Keeping something like
this would make a person explode.
Cami @

http://creatingmyselfcreatively.blogspot.com/

Cami has the most beautiful home and lovely

treasures.Each time I go to her blog,I'm drooling

on my keyboard.Check out her lovely dining room

chairs.If I ever go to her house,I'm taking a truck

and a BIG purse.

Gloria @
http://wwwhappytobe.blogspot.com/
And here's Gloria.Everything is Glorias

fault.I had just gotten into Rate My Space.

I wasn't sure if I felt at home there.You

know how you feel at a new school or
a new neighborhood?I was truly thinkin

of taking my pics off.Gloria left me the

sweetest comment.I thought" well,maybe

I'll hang around anyway.And as I said

EVERYTHING is Glorias fault.She got

into blogging.She followed Pickett and Susan.

All our friends were blogging.Well up

until about 3 maybe 4 yrs ago I honestly

didn't know HOW to turn the computer on.

I was scared to death of it.I truly didn't

think I could do all this stuff.And you all
know,I've amde a million mistakes.But i'm
doing it.One day at a time.But Gloria had to
have me here too.And I am enjoying it soooo
much.
Kristen @
http://www.something-about-nothin.blogspot.com/
And as I say on my blog,here is Kristen,the little
redhead that pops around everywhere.Or should I say,
runs around,She is a new friend too.And as you all
know friends are easy to find in blogville.Thank God
and I do.
Jan and Tom @

http://jt-jantom.blogspot.com/
for all the people they help and pray for.I know
God has a special place for them when they get
home.
Susan@

http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/
Susan is a new friend too.You know sometimes

you meet someone you feel like you've always


known.Well Susan is like that.She is also a awesome


decorator and has a lovely home.If you haven't go

see her.
Donna @

http://adventureswithtassie.blogspot.com/

Donna is another new friend.Although she doesn't

feel like it either.Her blog is alot about her travels in her

RV.Lord help me if I called it the wrong thing.Her blog

is funny and quick.And she has enough love in her heart

for us all.go see her too.
Carrie @

http://carolanativitygallery.blogspot.com/


is another one that made me feel welcome to


blogville first.She is a sweet,loving christian


women.Her love of the nativity just blows my

mind.And i can well see the beauty in each

and everyone.

Now that's my 15.As you all know."It's not

easy."Everybody deserves these awards.I


have not met one,nor do I think I will meet


One mean person.Isn't that awesome?


And for those that are wondering about my


illness.I am doing super.The prayers of a nation


literally,brought on a miracle from God.He got tired

of listening to us and said ok!She can stay longer!Just

leave me alone.


Melissa,bless her heart wanted another

Roo story.And as every rooster mother,

I always have a story.

This one is a tiny bit sad.just a tiny bit.

Last week-end my sil was building my

daughter a new desk for her office and

really just wanted my dh to keep him

company.So---we went up there.

It's a 2.5 hr drive and we were there

about 8 hrs.In other words,we were

gone all day and half the night.

Well Roo was in charge of everything.

We had never left him this long before.

Ever----.I think ,and most of us rooster

moms KNOW our children.Right?I

think, he thought ,we weren't coming

home.

When we got home,he RAN to his dad.

And visably was not happy,but yet happy.

You know,like us moms.Your child is late,

very late,you are sooooooooooo worried.

finally they get home.You want to hug

them and beat them all at the same time?

As soon as we got in the door and settled

everything down.I got all the birds to bed

and sat down.I picked Roo up.He held Me

so close it was like when he was a baby

he acted sometimes like he was trying to

get so close he wanted inot my skin.

>He put his little head on my shoulder,

and I could tell he was different.

Meanwhile,dh checked his 'paper".Two

potties!!!!Only two.For those of you that don't

know Roo is paper trained.

He had only pottied twice in 12-15 hrs.Why?

Because he did not eat or drink the entire

time we were gone.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt,he thought

for some strange reason we weren't coming

home.

I usually hold him 20 minutes.And like a child

he gets quickly tired and gets down and goes

and plays.Not that night.I held him at least

an hour.He loved and snuggled and loved and

snuggled.And of course I baby talked him and

soothed him.

Finally,when I thought he felt secure,that we

weren't going to leave him,we put him to bed.

True story.



This is Roo when he was a purple EAster

chick making sure mom does her typing

right.



















This is Roo's pic dad took to work this week to

brag to a friend that raises chickens.A rooster

usually weighs less than 11 lbs.Roo weighs 13

lbs.He is HUGE in the rooster world.














































































































































































































































































24 comments:

Riet said...

Ann, you are the sweetest person in the world. And I would love to be your neighbour

kymber said...

((Ann))
Sweetheart, I just came by to visit amd imagine my surprise when I see my name! You are such a love to think of me for this wonderful award! Thank you my dear! I can not tell you enough how much I appreciate you and our new friendship - it has gotten me through a very rough time. I love this new outlet - blogging and love all of the dear people I have met and continue to meet.

I feel like winnie the pooh - who says - "the hurrieder I am the behinder I get" I will definitely post about these awards soon - I know I am behind on posting about a few of them. I am so honored to receive them - just need a few more days to finish up on my comment replies to everyone before I put out one more post. I need more hours in my days - but what wonderful feeling it is to be busy in this way~!

I LOVE your ROO!! How much fun it must be to come home to such a beautiful sweet baby! You make me want to go out and get one to add as a new member of my household! I think Ginger my puppy needs a new companion - what do you think? :-)
((Hugs))
Kymber

Happy To Be said...

How sweet your post was today Ann..and thanks for the kind mention girl..love that ROO is that not a funny story about him..just like a kid I so miss having inside critters girl..I had a rabbit that was litter box trained does that count?? hope you have a great day..thanks for posting my Kyra..I just added a new pic last night of her smiling..she has her heart surgery this week..mamy prayers needed..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Susan said...

Ann Thank you! How sweet of you to think of me! I will post aboiut it soon

Susan

xinex said...

Love your Roo typing pic.LOL! So cute! Congrats on the awards, Ann!...Christine

Joy said...

Thanks Ann, for thinking of me!

Kristen said...

Thank you so much for this award and kind words.
Your Roo sounds just like a child and he is very handsome!

prof en retraite said...

Hi Ann...This post is just proof of what I have known all along...you are the sweetest person on the face of the earth! You are always thinking of others. Congrats on your well-deserved awards! And I love the Roo story! When I was a little girl, the neighbors kept Guinea hens and one was an indoor pet. You are the only person I know with an indoor rooster! Roo must be a really smart cookie to be paper trained! Have a great week...Debbie

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Ann...thanks so much for that sweet award...you are a doll for thinking of me! You have so many good friends who care about you! Says a lot about you! :-) Cute Roo story! :-) Susan

Rose Haven said...

Congratulations on receiving all these warm fuzzies...in award fashion!!! You deserve them.

Thank you, dear...for passing this lovely award on to us!!! We're honored.

Good luck in winning the TEACUP and SAUCER...and the BLOG MAKE-OVER!!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Chari said...

Mornin' Darlin'...

Just stoppin' in for a cup of coffee...hmmm, looking in the cupboard for a sweet treat! Okay, Girlfriend...where are you keepin' those doughnuts???

Well my friend...what's on the agenda for today? I have a Drs. appt. (just a 3 mo. checkup, nothin' serious) so I probably won't get started with any projects! Russell brought home several boxes from his Dad's yesterday...guess I should try to find place for it all...hehe!

Congratulations on all of your sweet awards...they couldn't have happened to a sweeter lady!!!

Love ya Dearheart...
Chari

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Ann,
Aw! Thank you so much for thinking of me and the kind words. You spoil me my friend. I really appreciate it very much. I will proudly accept this one from you.

I asked and you delivered another precious Roo story! Oh I just love this one. I am fascinated by him you know.
How sweet that you held him so long to comfort him.
What a gorgeous boy. Love his big feathers on his tail.
I loved seeing him as a chickie too! Too cute!

Well my friend you have a wonderful and blessed day.
Get some extra cuddle time in with Mr Roo.
~Melissa :)

Dixie's Whimsey said...

Thanks Ann! you're a sweetie..

Cindy J. said...

Annie the blog world received an angel when you decided to join them It makes me so happy to see these wonderful awards, yes, going to one of the sweetest, dearest people I know. Congratulations, and we all are giving thanks that God decided we get to keep you awhile longer. Oh, I love the Roo story. Love, Cindy

Big Hair Envy said...

Thank you, Ann! You are SUCH a sweetie:)

I'm wondering if Roo is now in your lap 24/7 after his harrowing experience.....

mbkatc230 said...

Congratulations Ann, you are so deserving of all of your lovely awards. You are one of the sweetest people in blogland. Loved your Roo story, my he grew into a handsome fella! And to think he started life as a little purple chick! Hugs, Kathy

Glenda said...

I am so honored to receive this award that I am at a loss for words, and as anybody that knows me in person can tell you, that almost never happens.

There is truly no one like you in the world. With you, the saying is 100% true. "When they made you they broke the mold". I am so glad I knew you from RMS, even if it did take you awhile to figure out who 'I' was, since I didn't post there, I only commented as I do here.

Sorry I am so late getting here but life got in the way earlier today and I had some business to take care of. I'm here now though and have already snagged that award and saved it in my picture folder to admire at my leisure. Have a wonderful week.

nikkicrumpet said...

Ann You are the nicest lady on the planet. What wonderful compliments...and coming from you they become even more special! Thank you very much for the beautiful award.
And OH MY Roo sure did GROW!!!!!

Tomarie said...

Oh Ann...thank you so much for the award!!!!! I am TRULY TOUCHED!! :-) If I ever do a blog...I'll already have an award~Yippeeee!:-)
I just loved the Roo story...bless his little heart...glad he got to feeling more secure!
Thank you again Ann! Love ya! L~

Rose Haven said...

Hi Ann...

Somehow, when changing the Blog Post about the Valentine's Day Give-Away (check out the changes, girl, you're NOT going to believe it!), I deleted the previous post...and with it...all of the comments.

Would you please come back to my blog and post your COMMENT onto the NEW post, telling me why you want to win the blog make-over? Pretty please? LOL!!!

Thanks...
Fingers-too-quick-on-the-delete-button!

Pearl said...

I see that award congrats are in order...

CONGRATULATIONS!
~cheers 'n tosses confetti~

Very sweet Roo story... So glad you were able to visit and have a few giggles 'n grins... Do take care...

~blessings~
Pearl

Diane said...

Ann, I LOVE your Roo stories. They're awesome! Please them coming! ♥ Diane

lvroftiques said...

Well add me to the list of people who LOVE Roo stories!! I have never heard the like! An affectionate rooster? I never would a thunk! I'm having second thoughts about ever eating chicken again!Lol! I think it's sooo cool that he'll cuddle with you and get so worried. That Roo is one sweet bird!...Must take after his mama *winks* Vanna

prairiedog said...

Ann,thank you so much.I just got started and even though I really don't deserve any of these awards I really treasure them.They really touch my heart,I am so honored that you would think of me.I am truly looking forward to getting to know you better.I will be posting it soon.(((hugs)))) Cyndi