Thursday, January 8, 2009

MY FIRST LOVE

LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO
MY FIRST LOVE...........
THIS IS,OR WAS BUZZ.HE
OF COURSE WAS A COCKATIEL.
I WAS LIKE MOST PEOPLE.
I THOUGHT BIRDS JUST SAT
IN CAGES AND THAT WAS IT.
I DIDN'T KNOW THEY HAD
PERSONALITIES AND LOVED,
THEIR OWNERS AND THEIR
MATES.THEY AREN'T TOO
DIFFERENT FROM YOU AND I.
MY LAST CHILD,MY SON
HAD RECENTLY LEFT THE
NEST AND MAN I HAD THE
EMPTY NEST SYNDROME
SOMETHING AWFUL.I
PHYSICALLY HURT.MY LIFE
SEEMED USELESS.EMPTY.
AS ALOT OF YOU KNOW I
WAS SINGLE 17 YRS BETWEEN
MARRIAGES.BUT OF COURSE,
I DATED.ONE OF THE YOUNG
LADIES I WORKED WITH
WANTED ME TO MEET HER
DAD.SHE BROUGHT A PICTURE
OF HIM FOR ME TO SEE.NOT
BAD, NOT BAD AT ALL.LATER,
AFTER A FEW DATES I WAS
INVITED OVER FOR DINNER.
WELL THAT'S WHEN "IT'
HAPPENED.HER DAD WAS
BIRD AND DOG SITTING FOR
HER MOM,HIS EX-WIFE
WHILE THEY WERE IN VEGAS.
THERE WAS THIS LITTLE
SOFT,FLUFFY PRECIOUS BIRD.
HE TOO,OF COURSE WAS A
COCKATIEL.I WANTED TO
TOUCH THAT BIRD SO BADLY.
NOPE,IT WASN'T HAPPENING.
I WAS A STRANGER AND IT
JUST WAS NOT GOING TO
HAPPEN.
TIME PASSED,I COULD NOT
GET THAT PRECIOUS BIRD OUT
OF MY MIND.MY FRIENDS
DAUGHTER HEARD OF A BREEDER
THAT HAD DEVELOPED A LUNG
DISEASE AND HAD TO GIVE UP
HER BIRDS.OF COURSE,I COULDN'T
GET THERE FAST ENOUGH.THESE
BIRDS WERE HAND-FED,WHICH
MEANS TAME.I PICKED ONE OUT.
THE LADY PUT HIM IN A PAPER
SACK.
WHY------------BECAUSE IT
WAS DARK IN THERE.THAT WAY
HE WOULDN'T BE SCARED.SEEMED
CRUEL TO ME,BUT HEY,SHE WAS
THE EXPERT.
BEFORE I LEFT OF COURSE,
SHE TOLD ME DO'S AND DON'T.
WHAT TO FEED HIM,WHAT NOT TO
FEED HIM.
BUT I GOT A BONUS,HE TALKED.
MOST OR REALLY ALL BOYS DO.
HMMMM.NOT SO MUCH LIKE HUMANS
MAYBE AFTER ALL.HA.
HE SAID ABOUT 25 WORDS.OF
COURSE HE SAID,"BUZZBIRD".HE
CALLED HIMSELF,"BABYBIRD".AND
HE WOULD DRAG THAT BIRDDDDDDDDDD
OUT.
I DIDN'T KNOW BIRDS PURRED.YEP.
HE WOULD BEND HIS TINY,SOFT LITTLE
HEAD OVER.THAT WAS THE CODE TO RUB
HIS LITTLE HEAD.IN THE BIBLE IT
SAYS MY CUP RUNNETH OVER.I COULD
FILL MY CUP RUUNING OVER WHEN HE
WOULD PURR.
TIME ROCKED ON.I HAD HIM FOR 13
BEAUTIFUL YEARS.HE WOULD HEAR ME
PULL UP AND START WHISTLING.ALWAYS
A WELCOME HOME MOM.HE RODE ON MY
SHOULDER.WHERE EVER I WENT,HE WENT.
BUT,WHEN I GOT DEATHLY ILL ONCE
ABOUT 3 YRS AGO,HE DID TOO.I HAD
NO IDEA HE WAS AS SICK AS HE WAS.
BUT I WAS SO SICK,I WASN'T THINKING
RIGHT.I WAS HOLDING HIM.HE LEFT OUT
A BIGGGGGGGGGG SIGH AND WENT TO SEE
JESUS.
IT HURTS,AS I WRITE THIS,MY HEART
IS BLEEDING.BUT THE JOY THAT LITTLE
"BABYBIRD"GAVE ME,I WOULDN'T CHANGE IT
FOR THE WORLD.AND I KNOW HE'LL FLY TO
MEET ME WHEN IT'S MY TURN TO GO LIVE
WITH JESUS TOO.

THIS FIRST PIC,IT WAS CLOSE TO
CHRISTMAS.I TOOK HIM TO THE
LOCAL PET STORE TO GET HIS
PICTURE MADE.

style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; CLEAR: both">THIS PIC IS OF HIM AND HIS THIRDstyle="TEXT-ALIGN: left; CLEAR: both">WIFE'S FIRST MEETING.I CAPTURED style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; CLEAR: both">IT PERFECTLY.HE TOOK ONE LOOK style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; CLEAR: both">AT HER AND SAID,'PRETTY BIRDDDD."Posted by Picasa
AND THIS IS JUST A PIC OF
HIM BY HISSELF.ISN'T HE
A HANDSOME LITTLE
FELLOW?

THANK YOU FOR READING
OUR STORY.
style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; CLEAR: both">Posted by Picasa





31 comments:

Riet said...

What a lovely story. I will be looking at my dil's birds differently now

kymber said...

(((Ann)))
My heart goes out to you sweetheart! I understand completely what you mean about birds having big personalities and making good companions. My little cockatiel friend - Noel is no longer with me - she looked alot like your bird. She was the sweetest thing and always got so excited to see me when I would come home. I miss having a bird around!

Do you have another one? If not - why?
Thanks for sharing. It brought back memories for me of how much fun it was to have a house filled with "birdsong"
Have a great day today!
Kymber

Happy To Be said...

What a great story Ann..I just loved reading about Buzz..don't you have more now?? plus ROO?? you need to do a Roo post girl..hugs and smiles Gloria

ksarra said...

Soooo sweet, what a lucky little fellow he was to have been loved so much! We recently lost our family cat who had been with us for 14 years. Sometimes I find myself looking out the patio door to see if he's ready to come in.

ann said...

Thank you all for your precious comments.Last night,in bed,I got to thinking.Was this too sad and depressing?I had planned to remove it asap.But...maybe not.Maybe it's ok.Yes,after I got Buzz,I joined a bird club.I cannot say no.I wound up with 45 birds.Yep.......I was rescueing.I wanted the birds the other members didn't.I probably had over 100 in the yrs I was rescueing.Some never lives thru the night they had been so abused.I still have 25.I do have an aviary.I will keep on telling you about them and you'll get to "meet"them all.Yes.Gloria,I did feature Roo,Remember,when I first started blogging.Roo is my pet rooster.I believe the story is called "HOW TO BATH A ROOSTER OR WHO WOULD WANT TO"....ANN

xinex said...

Hi Ann! What a cute bird. I am so sorry you lost him but I can just imagine the joy he gave you when he was around and that's priceless....Christine

Susan S. said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet bird story. I've never had a bird but Buzz sounds like a very special guy! Hugs to you!

ceekay said...

Hi Ann...thanks for coming by again and leaving me a comment. I babysat a cockatiel once and it was so much fun! Sounds like you had a wonderful time full of memories with your bird. Have a wonderful weekend.

Glenda said...

Among Mother's many interests and hobbies when I was very young, was that she raised canaries. If I remember correctly, only the males sing.
Years later I had a parakeet and later a canary. The parakeet never talked and the canary never sang. I think singing is learned from being raised around other birds that sing, by imitating the adult birds, but I'm not sure about that.
I had the parakeet on the porch sunning himself while I cleaned the area surrounding where his cage was kept, and the smart little devil undid the twist tie I had around the cage door and flew away. When the canary went to sing in heaven, I gave up on having a bird as a pet. I think God makes us nurturers, so that we may enjoy our pets, whether they are feathered or four legged.
Because of health issues, I choose to no longer have a pet inside my home; instead I try to help the wild birds outside by feeding them when food is hard to come by in nature. The bluebirds, cardinals, and hummingbirds bring me a lot of pleasure just watching them.

Buttercream Cottage said...

He looks like mine. I was so sad when I lost our female. I felt guilty because if I would have known more about cockatiels she might have lived.

Pink Slippers said...

Love the First picture..just love it.

Susan said...

What a sad story... never easy to lose a pet that is a member of the family!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ann, I am so sorry for you loss, but I'm so happy that you had hinm in your life. I understand how you feel. We just lost our 15 year old Min Pins, and I cry every time I think about it.

Sending you much love. Thanks for sharing this story...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Suzie Button said...

Hi Ann, sorry for the loss of your beloved bird, I have pets I love too so much!
Thanks too for stopping by my blog, I have links within my posting where you can read more about broadcast captioners, plus a page over in my older postings I posted an example of my captioning, under "This was my day, how was yours?" Thanks for stopping by! Suzie

Diane said...

Oh Ann, this is a such a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing your baby with us. ♥ Diane

The Muse said...

hi Anne, awww. he was a most lucky little fellow to have found you in his life :)
pets become so much more to us, don't they?

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sorry for your loss - we become so attached to our pets, and when they are gone, it is like losing a member of the family. A sweet story.
Glenda

Autum said...

I had an uncle who severe heart disease and died at a relatively early age. In his last days, my aunt had been at the hospital with him. When she go to her car to go home, there was a little cockatiel sitting next to her tire. She picked him up and took him home. She checked with the hospital to see if anyone had reported loosing a bird. She made some flyers and posted them, but no one ever called to claim him. My uncle died within a day or two and my aunt has had Fred ever since. She said she feels sure she found him for a reason. He came into her life at a very sad time, but has filled her life with so much love and companionship.

Melissa Miller said...

Oh Ann, :)

Believe me I truly understand. I LOVE birds so much and all animals actually. Birds really are like having a dog or cat. We have a cockatiel named Lloyd that we have had for nine years now. Well I guess I'm finding out by what you are saying "he" might be a "she". Lloyd has never chirped one single word. Oops...

What other birds do you have?

Hope you are having a wonderful week.
~Melissa :)

Melissa Miller said...

Okay I read it again and I am crying....Thanks for sharing such a touching story with us.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Ann, what a wonderful tribute! I loved my cockatiel. I think I've told you before that my "Tippy" would say Mornin' to me every morning, but not to anyone else. Everyone thought I was crazy when I told them, until they stayed another room and listened when I walked in! Tippy died of pnemonia after having a broken leg "set". It was a long time before I quit thinking I was going to hear "mornin" when I went into the kitchen. Love ya, laurie

The Muse said...

Im not sure how blogger has managed to wipe me off your bloggers follow list...but im still here!

Jill said...

what a sweet story! Thanks for posting it!

Claudie said...

I came over to see your Foto Friday, and got caught up in your beautiful love story. I have a little pet cemetery
where my 2 little canaries are along with our "best friends) I love all birds and feed them all year long.
Have a great weekend
Claudie

Joy said...

Very handsome indeed. :o)

Deborah said...

Oh Sweetie - what a beautiful story and tribute to your boy. My heart nearly broke when I read about him getting sick and 'flying' away. He must have meant so much to you.

I've always wanted a bird - but we have two cats - don't know how that would work.

What a blessing your "first love" was to you. The pictures are wonderful. I love the story of you meeting your friend's dad and falling in love with the bird!

So glad you posted this story!

jeanne said...

Ann, Buzz is a very handsome bird. Your pics are just too cute. The Christmas one is amazing. Who knew you could take your bird for a professional photo. I love it. Thanks for sharing Buzz with us. I love your post.

I scrolled down to your bedroom pics and I see you love vintage things. Me too. Very Victorian and pretty. Your curtains are stunning over your bed.

Thank you for your sweet comment about my grands. They are all so sweet and a real blessing to us.

Hugs...Jeanne

Dawn said...

I can tell how much you loved your bird. My mom told me that when I was little we had a bird. I don't remember it at all. I love the Christmas picture you shared of him.

take care,
Dawn

ga.farmwoman said...

It is so sad to loose any of our friends, human or animal(or bird).
Buzz was very special.

I came over to visit and hoped I would see Roo.
I enjoyed your posts.

I was looking for any little diapers the grandkids might have left to put on my baby goat, just this morning.

Thanks for your visit and comment.
Have a great day.
Pam

日月神教-向左使 said...

成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人電影,成人遊戲,成人文學,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,正妹牆

文章 said...

avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,AV女優