Friday, January 16, 2009

FAVORITE FAMILY FOTO FRIDAY

HELLO,AND WELCOME
TO ANOTHER FAVORITE
FRIDAY FAMILY FOTO
HOSTED BY OUR LOVELY
DEBORAH@
http://picturespotspens.blogspot.com/


TODAY,I AM GOING TO
INTRODUCE YOU TO THE
MAN OF THE HOUSE.OR
AT LEAST HE WAS FOR
14 YRS.AND I MUST ADD,
I DO BELIEVE HE WAS
GLAD TO GIVE THAT JOB
UP.
THIS IS SWANEE.HE IS A
MEXICAN CONURE.THEY
ARE VERY RARE IN THE US.
THE BOOKS I'VE READ SAY
THE REASON IS,THEY DON'T
MAKE GOOD PETS.I DON'T
AGREE AT ALL.OF COURSE.
YOU'LL SEE OTHER BIRDS
THAT LOOK LIKE HIM,BUT
THEY ARE MUCH BIGGER.
SWANEE AND I HAVE BEEN
TOGETHER SINCE 1990.HE
WAS 10 WHEN I GOT HIM.
THAT MAKES HIM 29 YRS
OLD.HE CAN LIVE UP TO
75 YRS OLD.I HAVE PUT
HIM IN MY WILL.
I KNOW SOME OF YOU
ARE THINKING,WHAT
ABOUT BUZZ?WELL,I HAVE
TWO SHOULDERS.AND THAT'S
WHERE THEY USED TO STAY.
SWANEE HAS A 50 WORD
VOCABULARY.BUT AS ANY
MOTHER WILL TELL YOU,
ABOUT HER CHILDREN.HE IS
SUPER SMART.WE'VE BEEN
TOGETHER SO LONG WITH
HIS EYES AND BODY
LANGUAGE I CAN UNDER-
STAND EXACTLY WHAT'S
WRONG OR WHAT HE
NEEDS.
THIS LITTLE LADY BY HIM
IS HIS 2ND WIFE.HIS FIRST
LITTLE WIFE WAS PRISSY.
SHE WAS VERY----------SPECIAL
TOO.BUT SHE WAS ALWAYS
SICKLY.WE FINALLY LOST
HER 4 YRS AGO.
MOST BIRDS WILL MOURN
THEIR SELVES TO DEATH
OVER THEIR MATE.SO WE
QUICKLY RAN AND GOT A
BABY.
P.J.IS HER NAME.NAMED
AFTER PRISSY.SHE IS PRISSY
JUNIOR.SHE WAS STILL BEING
HAND FED WHEN WE BROUGHT
HER HOME.
SWANEE WAS
NEGLECTED BEFORE I GOT
HIM.WHEN BIRDS ARE ABUSED
OR NEGLECTED THEY WILL
PULL THEIR FEATHERS OUT.
AS YOU CAN SEE,HE HAS.NOT
ONLY HIS,BUT PRISSYS AND
P.J.'S.
YES,I DID EVERYTHING IN
OUR WONDERFUL VETS
MAGIC BAG.NOTHING COULD
STOP HIM.HE WAS TOO FAR
GONE.
BUT...THEY ARE VERY HAPPY
AND VERY LOVED.AND IN THE
END THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.
AS I WAS SAYING,P.J.WAS A
BABY.
WHEN BIRDS LOVE,THEY KISS
TOO,JUST LIKE WE DO.BUT WHEN
THEY ARE TRULY INTIMATE,THEY
WILL REGURGITATE INTO THEIR
LOVED ONES MOUTH.IT SOUNDS
GROSS,BUT WHEN YOU SEE
THE LOVE,IT'S BEAUTIFUL.
PRISSY OF COURSE TAUGHT
SWANEE TO DO THIS.
I WAS FEEDING P.J.AT THE
TABLE WITH A SYRINGE AND
BABY BIRD FOOD.I HAD SWANEE
ON THE TABLE WITH US.AS WITH
PRISSY,THEY DIDN'T AND STILL
DON'T SPEND A MOMENT APART.
HE PACED LIKE A FATHER
IN THE WAITING ROOM.FINALLY,
HE COULDN'T STAND IT ANYMORE.
HE CAME OVER TO US,AND TOOK
OVER FEEDING HER.
TALK ABOUT PRECIOUS.OH----
MY HEART WAS SWELLING.AND
AFTER THAT HE FED HER ALL
THE TIME.
WE THOUGHT THEN AND IT'S
PROBABLY TRUE.PRISSY HAD
SPENT MANY NIGHTS OVER
THE YEARS IN THE HOSPITAL.
WE THINK HE THINKS P.J.IS
A BRAND NEW PRISSY.
THEY HAVE BEEN TOGETHER
4 YRS NOW.AND AS I SAID
EARLIER,THEY ARE TRULY
HAPPY.
SOME OF THE THINGS HE
SAYS ARE."HI,HOW ARE YOU?"
"CWACKR,WANTA CWACKR?"
"KISS,GIMME KISS"."I GOTTA GO
TO BED.I GOTTA GET UP".
"I DON'T LIKE IT".AND THE NON
STOPPING,"MOMMA".HE SINGS.
HE LOVES OPERA.HE DANCES.
HE LAUGHS.JUST LIKE ME.
HE CRIES.OH,AND IT IS SAD.
AND BYE,BYE.
WELL,AS YOU SEE,I COULD
GO ON AND ON AND BORE
YOU TO DEATH.BUT I DO
WANT TO SAY ONE MORE
THING.WHEN I FOUND THESE
BIRDS I HAD THE EMPTY
NEST SYNDROME SO BAD.
THESE BIRDS GAVE ME A
REASON TO NOT JUST
LIVE BUT BE HAPPY.YOU
KNOW US WOMEN,WE HAVE
TO TAKE CARE OF SOMEBODY.
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.
I DO HOPE YOU ENJOYED
MEETING THE NOW EX-MAN
OF THE HOUSE.HA





20 comments:

Riet said...

That is a lovely story and I love your birds

squawmama said...

Good Morning Ann.... Wow what a great story this morning... Your birds are just wonderful... We use to raise love birds and that was a lot of fun. Now in the motorhome we just have our little dog Tiffy. Have a wonderful day... Love Ya

(((HUGS)))
Donna

kymber said...

Ann,
They are so adorable! I can feel the love that you have for them. I miss having birds around here. They are such sweet companions - thanks for sharing your beauties
Kymber

Happy To Be said...

Great love story Ann...the birds not you ..how special you have them..have a great day...hugs and smiles Gloria

prof en retraite said...

Oh Ann... I love your bird story! you are such a sweetie to take such good care of them! Sounds like Suwanee is very smart, too! Have a great wekend...Debbie

splummer said...

Hi!
Great Love Story!! The birds are Beautiful!! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Melissa Miller said...

Very sweet story.
They look so happy to have each other. :)

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Ann, You love birds as much as I do. If we didn't want to travel I would own birds again. You know it's impossible to own birds and not be home. It's fun to see you with your birds.

Joy said...

Ann, I do enjoy reading about your birds.

Glenda said...

I hope your day is progressing well.
I really enjoyed learning more about your birds. The only ones in my life now are the wild birds that we try to provide food for. With this weather lately, they need all the help we can give them.

Big Hair Envy said...

Your birds are lucky to have each other, but they are especially lucky to have YOU! What a beautiful story:)

Montee said...

Those birdies are sweet.

Angela said...

Oh, how sweet! I don't have any birds in the house but I do have a lot of hungry birds outside. I have ran out of food and I put out some bread, cereal, old nuts for the birds today and my two dogs are standing guard over the food. They look like that sheep dog in the Bugs Bunny cartoon! I can't get them to move from there.
Take care and stay warm!
Angela

Pug1 said...

Beautiful birds! CHEERS! Michele

Chari said...

Ohhh Girlfriend...I loved hearing your Swanee's and PJ's love story! How interesting and unique! I don't know very much about birds...but I can see that they are just like having a child...and so fulfilling for you! I'm happy for that!

My Sis has a parrot named Tequila...he's getting up there in age but oh my...he is so smart too! I always crack up when he starts to sing, "I Left My Heart In San Francisco"...he'll do the "me,me,me,me" first of all...all in a sing-song..tuning his voice and then he'll start in on the song! I still just stand in amazement of the wonderful creatures that the good Lord blessed us with!!!

Thanks for sharing your story or should I say Swanee and Bj's story...hehe!!!

Love ya,
Chari

mbkatc230 said...

What a sweet story. My grandmother always had birds, and she had one in particular that would talk constantly. His favorite line was "Hide the beer, Father Damian's here) it still cracks me up when I think about it. Loved this post, hugs, Kathy

Shelia said...

Oh, Ann, how precious! I don't know anything about birds, but yours sound like 'people'! I know you love them and they are so pretty! I loved the feeding story!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Nana said...

I didn't know that about birds. That is one of the sweetest stories I have ever heard. Thanks Ann. Oh and I love the one of you w/ the chicken.

xinex said...

They are just so cute, Ann! Thanks for the education, very sweet story!...Christine

Tomarie said...

Ann,
I know I'm late coming here...but what a story!! You could have gone on and on some more! I just NEVER knew how sweet and "feeling" birds were. Ooooooooh what a great story! Love ya! L~