Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A NEW AWARD ,TRASH TO TREASURE TUESDAY AND TABLESCAPE TUESDAY

Mary Lou of
http://buttercreamcottage.blogspot.com/

presented me with the special

"Proximidade" award. This award

is a fine one because it focuses not

on the glory and fanfare of blogging,

but in the PROXIMITY to one

another through this on-line

world (kind of a Six Degrees

of Separation sort of thing)

."Blogs who receive this award

are 'exceedingly charming'

say its authors.This blog

invests and believes in

the PROXIMITY-nearness

in space, time and

relationships. These kind

bloggers aim to find and

be friends. They are not

interested in prizes or

self-aggrandizement.

Our hope is that when

the ribbons of these

prizes are cut, even

more friendships are

propagated. Please give

more attention to these

writers! Deliver this

award to eight bloggers

who must choose eight

more and include this

cleverly-written text

into the body of their

award."Can you believe?

I am so very thankful to

you,Mary Lou and all the

others.It truly makes my

heart feel warm and

fuzzy.And isn't it pretty

too.

Along with this I Have

to choose 8 people.I just

got this this morning,so

I will think about this

and post my eight

Wednesday.Again

thank you Mary Lou.......

















WELC0ME TO MY 2ND TABLESCAPE
TUESDAY.I WANT TO THANK MY
SWEET FRIEND AND OUR HOSTESS
SUSAN FOR DESIGNING THIS FUN
DAY.WE CAN FIND HER @\
http://http//betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
THIS IS ACTUALLY MY
3RD TIME.THE FIRST
ONE NOONE HAS SEEN.
AND OF COURSE,I
THINK IT WAS MY BEST
YET.IT WAS MY FALL
ONE.MY VERY FIRST
IN MY LIFE.AS I TOLD
SUSAN AND MY OTHER
FRIENDS.WHEN I TRIED
THIS BEFORE,IT LOOKED
LIKE THE TABLE JUST
WASN'T CLEARED OFF.HA.























THIS ONE ISN'T MY
FINEST,BUT I AM
LEARNING.AND WE
HAVE TO WORK WITH
WHAT WE HAVE.























SINCE I'M GETTING INTO
THIS,I GOT SEVERAL THINGS
FOR CHRISTMAS.MY DAUGHTER
IN LAW GOT ME 2 OF THE GOB-
LETS.(THAT IS WHAT THEY'RE
CALLED,ISN'T IT? )
MY SON.GOT ME THE
OTHER TWO.(THEY'VE BEEN
SADLY DIVORCED FOR
YEARS.ANOTHER BLOG. )
























MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN COLLECTING.
YEP,HIM,NOT ME,FIESTAWARE AND
GOLDEN WHEAT FOR YEARS
BOTH BY HOMER
LAUGHLIN,AS MOST OF YOU KNOW.
I'M SURE.SO-------I GOT HIM SOME
MORE OF HIS SET.NOW ALL HE NEEDS
IS A SUGAR BOWL,CREAMER LID AND
3 SALAD PLATES.





















I FOUND THESE GORGEOUS BEADED PLACE MATS
AND NAPKIN RINGS BEFORE CHRISTMAS.THE MATS
WERE $10.00 AND THE NAPKIN RINGS,I THINK WERE
$4.00.TOO RICH FOR MY BLOOD.MY SON GAVE ME
A VISA GIFT CARD.HOT DOG....I WAS POOPED AFTER
CHRISTMAS BUT....I DRUG MY POOR OLE TIRED
BODY TO THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS SALES.I GOT
THE BEADED MATS FOR $4.00 EACH AND THE NAPKIN
HOLDERS FOR $1.00.YIPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!



















AND THE NAPKINS WERE $1.00 ALSO.TEE HEE.
TODAY I AM DOING DOUBLE DUTY.SINCE I HAVE
GOTTEN THIS CYBER VIRUS CALLED CHINAITIS
I HAD TO TRY TO DO TABLESCAPES.AND I DIDN'T
WANT TO GIVE UP MY BELOVED TRASH TO
TREASURE.SO THE ANSWER---DO BOTH.THUS
HERE WE GO.....















TODAY I WOULD LIKE TO
START OUT BY SAYING
THANK YOU TO OUR GRACIOUS
HOSTESS,DIANE @
http://diane1876.blogspot.com/.
DIANE,I JUST CAN'T
THANK YOU ENOUGH.
I HAVE SO MUCH FUN
WITH THIS BLOG....
FIRST TODAY IS A
CANDLEOBRA WE FOUND
AT A GARAGE SALE.
PERHAPS,A COUPLE OF
YEARS AGO.WE PAID
$5.00 FOR IT.THE BASE
IS MARBLE.IT IS SO
HEAVY I CAN BARELY
CARRY IT.I BE-
LIEVE THE GLASS IS
CRYSTAL.NOT SURE.
BUT IT'S PRETTY.










































































AND THIS I BOUGHT A FEW WEEKS
SGO WHEN I SNUCK OUT,REMEMBER?
THE DAY I BOUGHT THE GORGEOUS
PILLOW?AND THE PRETTY THAT
NONE OF US KNOW WHAT IT IS?BUT
IT'S PRETTY,HA...I THOUGHT IT WOULD
BE FUN TO USE IN THE SPRING AND
SUMMER MONTHS.
























THESE PILLOWS I ALSO GOT THAT DAY.
ALL FROM THE SAME THRIFT STORE,
$1.99 EACH.CAN YOU BELIEVE.AND NOW,
IN TEXAS,ALL FABRICS HAVE TO BE
SANITIZED.THAT MAKES ME EVEN
HAPPIER.




















NOW LOOK AT THIS SWEET LITTLE GAL.AIN'T SHE
CUTE?EBAY.HOLD ONTO YOUR CHAIRS.$3.00.CAN
YOU BELIEVE THAT?ON THE SAME PAGES WITH
HEAD VASES FOR $100.00 AND UP.SHE HAS A TAB
OF PAINT OFF HER RIGHT EYELASH AS YOU CAN
SEE.I CAN EASILY DAB SOME BLACK PAINT ON HER.
I COULD NOT BELIEVE I WASN'T OVERBID....

33 comments:

The Muse said...

Double duty....and you did doubly great!!! Mixing...matching...scale...movement...color...and
bringing in some great finds!
You covered every base :)
HOMERUN!

Ma'dame French said...

Yes you did great! I love a bargain and it's about trying and learning! Love the goblets;) French

Bo said...

Hi Ann...you were a busy lady getting this great post done...I think I might have those same goblets...if so, I love them! Your table & your bargains were splendid. Happy New Year, ;-) Bo

Susan said...

nice job on the table... and you found some great bargains!

Buttercream Cottage said...

You did great on the table. I have goblets close to those and 2 wheat dishes. I love the red you painted the light. On the eyelash you can take a Scripto marker and touch it up easy. You are welcome for the award.

Bridget said...

Hi Ann, I see that we know several of the same people here in Blogland. I'm delighted to meet you. Thanks for visiting me.
My grandmother had the feistaware and my mom had the wheat. My oldest sister nabbed all of the fiesta and I don't know what happened to the wheat. It was nice that your DIL and son coordinated in getting you the goblets. Loved your tablescaping.
Bridget

White Iris Designs said...

Love the scrunched up fabric in the center of the table...I like the texture it adds. Keeps everything from being so formal..It looks great!
Happy New Year!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I love your tablescape. I do find it interesting that your husband is the plate addict. That's wonderful. I love the rooster pillows. Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Terrie

Happy To Be said...

Just a great post today Ann..I loved your table you are really getting good at and I can tell you are having fun in blogland now..so much better than RMS girl..
Now that Pretty lady head vase was a steal..I have one I keep my make-up brushes in..Hope you have a safe and blessed New Year..hugs and smiles Gloria

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Ann, your table looks "wonderful" girlfriend.. You definetly got the hang of putting a beautiful table together..I am loving the wheat pattern.. you sure can spot and find the bargains my friend.. I am truly loving the marble base...ohhhhhh llllllaaaaaaa!!
Great job!! hugs ~lynne~

CIELO said...

Ann... I love your table, candles, dishes, everything! and congrats on your award, girl... well deserved!

Enjoy your day!

cielo

Chari said...

Good Mornin' Ann...

Girlfriend, your tablescape looks fabulous!!! I think you're an "old pro" at it now...hehe!!! I love your new goblets...and your centerpiece candelabra is to die for!!! I love how you did the gold grapes and gold candles...Oooh so pretty!!!

Hehe...I'm giggling my friend, it just amazes me that so many of us have similar tastes! I did the very same thing last Christmas..."eyed" those gorgeous beaded placemats at Walmart but wasn't going to give $10 for them...hehe!!! So I went and bought 2 square red and 4 gold round ones the day after Christmas!!! EUREKA!!! Aren't they gorgeous?

Well I sure did enjoy your post today...I always love seeing all of your pretties!!! And a warm-felt Congratulations on your new award...you deserve it honey!!!

Love ya,
Chari

Tomarie said...

Ann...
What a fun and fabulous post! First, congrats on your new award~~very well deserved!!
Your tablescape is beautiful! The centerpiece you created is just STUNNING!! I loved looking at all this pics today...you are a super shopper who knows a treasure! :-)
Hope you have a Terrific Tuesday! L~

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Very nice job on teh table! Love that candelabra! And are you ever lucky to beat me to that head vase. ;o)

Big Hair Envy said...

Oh, Ann! You won't believe this! My MIL collects the Golden Wheat pattern. Her father's middle name was Wheat, and it's sort of a tribute to him:) In fact, she set a beautiful Christmas dinner table with those dishes!

I can't wait to see what type of tablescape you will create using the Fiestaware!! I picked up several pieces at an auction a couple of months ago....they are my new favorite:)

Don't apologize for not participating in the South Beach thing! Silly girl! It's not for everyone, but it may be fun to follow along...

Anonymous said...

Ann, that award surely does fit you and boy, you are getting so good with this tablescape thing! Love the way your scrunched that beautiful scarf on your table and the goblets are gorgeous! You have an eye for a bargain that compares to no one. The candelabra is amazing! I want to get down to Walmart now and pick up some of those place mats. Wonderful job! Love, Cindy

Diane said...

I love your double duty posts Ann! Beautiful tablescape! You have the best luck with your trash to treasures. I want to go shopping with you! ♥ Diane

lvroftiques said...

First off girlfriend nobody deserves that award more than YOU!! You are the bestest friend anyone could have online or off! Secondly love your tablescape! And of course you KNOW I love that candelabra!! What a beaut girlfriend! And I collect head vases too so I know you got a fabulous deal on that one! Wanna double your money? *winks* Anyhoo I'll keep my eyes open for those last few pieces of Homer Laughlin that hubby is looking for. I do see it here and there. Love ya! Vanna

Envoy-ette said...

I think our husbands would get along! Funny, my dad loved buying my mom china too! We are lucky women to have men who appreciate beautiful things! Very nice table indeed!

Alisa Lucas-Brown said...

Hello Ann,
It was so nice to visit you today. I am glad to get to know you. Thanks so much for visiting my site today. I am rather new to blogging so you and I can learn together! I love a good bargain - my motto is "never pay full price for anything". I will look forward to seeing your projects and treasures in 2009. Happy New Year!

ellen b said...

Hi Ann! What a great candleabra and I love the goblets you got as gifts!! How fun that you got the beaded placemats and napkins for a deal. I love a deal...
Happy New Year!

Adventure girl wanna be said...

What fun! And so sweet all the cool presents you got for your new passion.

Amy said...

I love the tablescape.. I love to decorate all nice but then sometimes I think.. just put the food on the table and let em dig in.. I am strange like that.thanks for the comment.yes son could get some skateboarding done in 80 degree weather.

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

What a lovely table! And that's a wonderful award too. :-)

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Love all your trash to treasure goodies! Those goblets are positively beautiful! And a DH who likes china...I am jealous! How great is that!!! You got a steal on those beaded placemats...they are usually sooooo expensive, even on sale! Love the fabric and the way you used it...great idea! Beautiful tablescape, Ann!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your table is very pretty, and looks like you got some great bargains. Thought about doing the tablecape Tues., but need to catch up on to many things around here. Happy New Year!
Glenda

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

HI Ann! AM back from our trip and playing catch up in blog land! I love your daisy pitcher and the lady head vase certainly was a still! I cannot believe you have another tablescape- I took pictures of my sisters wonderful christmas table but couldn't get it up today as we were traveling- maybe I will do it next week even though it will be long after Christmas decor!!

Hope all is well with you! Happy New Year!

blessings
mary

nikkicrumpet said...

Nice way to do a triple combo post! Congrats on the award...I think your table looks really pretty...I love that wheat pattern because it reminds me of growing up...those were our every day dishes and they bring back such fond memories...and nice treasure...great ebay find!

Glenda said...

Glad you was recognized for your unique contributions to blog land.
Really like the way the color of your new goblets is echoed in the cloth on the table.
Hope Roo doesn't get jealous of your new pillows.

Maison Douce said...

Ann, thank you so much for stopping by my blog...!! Congrats on you award! And how neat that it is written in my native language, portuguese! Have a wonderful new year!
Isabel

xinex said...

Beautiful tablescape, Ann! You are becoming a pro at this,. I love how you gathered your tablecloth and love the material and the colors. I also like your crystal finials. You have a very festive table. Happy New Year!...Christine

Femin Susan said...

Your blog is very well designed. It is my great pleasure to have met you.Wishing you a happy new.

Lady Katherine said...

Love how you did the fabric. Great deal you have. I remember the wheat plates! What memories!