Tuesday, November 11, 2008

VETERANS DAY.2008





HE HAS ENDURED MORE IN HIS YOUNG LIFE THAN MOST OF US IN A LIFETIME.AND I AM SO PROUD OF THE MAN HE HAS BECOME I JUST GLOW.
HE SHOULD'VE TURNED TO DRUGS,DITCHING SCHOOL,AND JUST BEING AN OUT AND OUT NO GOOD.IN RETURN,HE TOOK THE HIGH GROUND AND CAME OUT ON TOP OF TOP.
NOW LETS GET A TINY BIT OF HISTORY,I HAVE SEVERAL GENIUS' ON MY SIDE OF THE FAMILY.NO,ME,NOT SO LUCKY.BUT...LEVI,ONE GRANDDAUGHTER AND MY FIRST BORN ARE ALL GENIUS'.WHICH THIS MADE THIS PART OF HIS LIFE EASIER.
HE GRADUATED ONE OF THE HIGHEST IN HIS CLASS, AND OF COURSE COLLEGES FIGHTING OVER HIM.HE HAD HIS CHOICE,ENCLUDING SEMINARY.YES,HE,I THINK WAS BORN BELONGING TO GOD.HE CHOSE AND CHOSE WELL.HE ENLISTED IN THE ARMY,AND WILL BE A CHAPLAIN.I ALWAYS GET THE EXACT SCHEDULE OF WHEN HE GOES WHERE CONFUSED.BUT YOU GET THE DRIFT.HE WILL BE HOME(HERE)FOR THANKSGIVING AND WE WILL GET THE ENTIRE STORY.
GOING THROUGH WHAT HE WENT THROUGH AND BEING WHERE HE'S BEEN MOST OTHERS WOULD'VE SURCUMED TO PEER PRESSURE,FELT SORRY FOR THEIRSELVES OR JUST GIVEN UP.NOT LEVI,HE STAYED THE COURSE,AND IS SUCH A FINE YOUNG MAN.
ANY OTHER TIME,I WOULD BE AFRAID FOR ANYONE I LOVE TO GO INTO THE SERVICE.BUT I KNOW BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT GOD WILL PROTECT THIS SOUL TO BRING MANY OTHERS TO HIM.
REMEMBER THE LITTLE SAYING FROM THE ANGELS,"WHEN YOU GET GOOSEBUMPS YOU'RE CLOSEST TO GOD?"I JUST GOT A BIG BUNCH OF THEM,DID YOU?
HE HASN'T SENT US A PICTURE IN HIS UNIFORM,BUT YOU CAN BET NOW THAT YOU KNOW "SOME"OF HIS HISTORY,I WILL POST IT AS SOON AS I GET ONE.UNTIL THEN I'LL SHOW YOU HIS PROM PICTURE.OF COURSE THE ONE I REALLY WANT TO SHOW YOU WILL NOT LOAD,SO SO YOU CAN SEE HIS EYES,I''L SHOW YOU A PROUD TEXAN INSTEAD.HERE IT IS....DOESN'T HE LOOK LIKE ONE TOUGH TEXAN.LOL

8 comments:

Happy To Be said...

Ann your grandson is is fine young man...I can tell you our proud as you should be..my 21 year ago grand son just joined the Army and will leave on Dec 30 for Boot Camp..thanks for sharing...hugs and smiles Gloria

lvroftiques said...

Awww Ann no wonder you're so proud! Your Grandson must have had those trials so he could minister to others who have suffered themselves. May God bless him and all of our people in uniform! I am sooo happy for you! Vanna

Tomarie said...

Ann~~what a FINE young man he has turned out to be!! I'm so glad you "introduced" him to all of us! Can't wait to meet your whole family! :-)

laurie said...

Ann, what a beautiful posting and what a handsome young man your grandson is. Please let him know that this blogland friend is so greatful to him for his service to our country, and I will keep him in my prayers. laurie

Susan (Moonlight and Magnolias on RMS) said...

Oh...what a great story, Lynne! I know you are proud of Levi! Please tell him Thank You for his service! Susan

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful boy, I see those kind eyes! Thank him for us OK? May God always find him safe. Love you, Cindy

santamaker said...

HEY ANN,
WOW YOU HAVE A LOT OF REASONS TO BE PROUD, MY FRIEND. WHEN KIDS ARE RAISED SURROUNDED WITH LOVE, THEY TURN OUT PRETTY GOOD, DON'T THEY?
LOVE YOU GIRL
rOSE

Glenda said...

You should be preening like a peacock. God has blessed you through your family. My best to Levi has he undertakes this stage of his life. I hope God holds him in the hollow of his hand until his safe return.