Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TUESDAYS TRASH TO TREASURE



















HELLO,AND WELCOME TO "TRASH TO TREASURE TUESDAY",HOSTED BE DIANE OF "A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS."I SO HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY IT,AND PLEASE VISIT DIANE AND ALL THE OTHER TRASH TO TREASUERS TO SEE WHAT WONDERFUL THINGS WE'VE COME UP WITH....

THOSE WHO KNOW ME,KNOW THAT THIS IS ONE THING I TRULY LOVE.I LOVE FINDING ROAD SIDE FINDS OR OBJECTS OTHERS HAVE THROWN AWAY AND PAINTING OR SOMEHOW REDOING THEM.I ADORE TAKING SOMETHING NOBODY WANTS AND TURNING IT INTO SOMETHING MOST WOULD WANT.I FIND OBJECTS AT GARAGE SALES FOR PENNIES SOMETIMES,AND THEY OFTEN TURN INTO MY FAVORITE TREASURES.
SOMETIMES,MY HUSBAND JUST SHAKES HIS HEAD.BUT EVERY TIME HE SAYS"WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH IT"?DON'T MEN KNOW US BY NOW?HAVEN'T THEY FIGURED US OUT BY NOW?WOMEN LOVE TO "FIX',DON'T WE?
IT JUST DOES MY HEART GOOD.IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF.DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD?WOMEN ALWAYS LIKE THE UNDERDOG.SOMETIMES I SEE A BROKEN WHAT-NOT,A FIGURINE,AND I JUST FEEL LIKE IT DESERVES A HOME.I KNOW,I'M A SOFTY.BUT TRUTH BE TOLD ,YOU FEEL THAT WAY TOO.HUH?
NOW,I'LL SHOW YOU A FEW OF MY FAVORITES....
THE FIRST PIC IS OF A LITTLE FIGURINE..I BELIEVE WAS.50CENTS,AND I JUST ADORE IT.[TRASH TO TREASURE].
THE SECOND PIC IS OF A SWAG LAMP MY HUSBAND DUG OUT OF THE TRASH OF A ELDERLY LADY THAT HE OFTEN CUT HER GRASS FOR.WHEN HAD GOTTEN SO OLD SHE WAS HAVING TO MOVE IN WITH HER DAUGHTER.SHE WANTED HIM TO HAUL THE TRASH OFF.HE SAW THIS LAMP AND KNEW I WOULD LOVE IT.IT DIDN'T LOOK LIKE THIS.I CLEANED AND CLEANED AND PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER.I'M SURE IT HAD BEEN IN HER GARAGE FOR DECADES.LUCKILY ALL THE PIECES WERE THERE,EVEN THE ORIGINAL TASSEL.MY HUSBAND HAD TO REATTACH IT,BUT IT'S ALL THERE.
THE THIRD,I DON'T HAVE A BEFORE PIC EITHER.I PICKED THIS MIRROR UP AT A THRIFT STORE.IT WAS $2.00.I USED I BELIEVE $15.00 OF SHELLS AND PEARLS TO CREATE THIS.I AM REALLY PROUD OF THIS.I HAD ALWAYS WANTED TO MAKE ONE.
THE FOURTH IS A FRAME THAT I THINK LOOKS LIKE A MILLION BUCKS.IT WAS AN UGLY,UGLY PAPER PICTURE.IN OUR OTHER HOME IT PERFECTLY FIT THE MIRROR IN THE GUEST BATH.MY HUBBY JUST RIPPED THE STAINED PICTURE OUT,I CLEANED IT AND TA DA.
AND NOW A VASE.WE FOUND AT A STORAGE SALE.FOR 10CENTS.AT THAT TIME,I JUST NEEDED A SMALL VASE.MY HUSBAND BRINGS HOME FLOWERS EVERY WEEK,SO I NEED A LOT OF VASES.IT WAS TRULY NASTY.I CLEANED IT AND MAN WAS I SURPRISED.IT HAS THE MOST LOVELY CARVINGS OF BIRDS ALL OVER THE SIDES.IT IS A KAISER VASE.I LOOKED IT UP ON EBAY,AND I COULD ONLY FIND VASES SIMILAR.BUT,I'M GUESSING IT WOULD BRING ABOUT $75.00.NOT A BAD 10CENT INVESTMENT.(MY CAMERA DOES NOT DO IT JUSTICE.)
AND NOW MY LAST TREASURE THIS WEEK.WE FOUND THESE BAR STOOLS THAT THE GRAND KIDS JUST LOVE.$2.50 EACH.I PAINTED THEM AND DECOUPAGED A ROOSTER,OF COURSE,ON THE TOPS.AND WHAT STILL SURPRISES ME MOST,ALWAYS WILL.MY HUSBAND THOUGHT THIS WAS JUST THE MOST AWESOME THING I'D EVER DONE.CAN YOU FIGURE THEM OUT?I CAN'T?
THAT'S ENOUGH FOR THIS WEEK.I HAVE TOTALLY ENJOYED THIS.I'LL SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY.PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK OUT ALL THE AWESOME TRASH TO TREASURES....

26 comments:

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Hi Ann,
I'm so glad you joined us for Trash to Treasure. You're right...getting a bargain, especially a really good bargain makes me happy!

I like all of your treasures...but my favorite is that great looking frame! It adds so much to your grouping!

Thanks for playing along,
Diane

profenretraite said...

Well, Ann, you know as a fellow rooster fan that I love that stool best. You are so talented! It takes vision to see beyond "junque" and create something wonderful! My regards to T-Rex and the ladies...Debbie

Happy To Be said...

Ann I love that frame girl..and the Roo stool..great thrah to treasure girl hugs and smiles Gloria

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ann, welcome to Trash to Treasure. So nice to meet you! :-)

If I had seen that rooster stool first, I would own it! So cute. And isn't it just like a husband to shake his head. Mr. Magpie shakes his a lot, almost to the point of becoming a booble head. ;-) Take care and welcome. Loved seeing all your treasures!

XO,

Sheila

ellen b said...

What a fun hobby finding these items and turning them into something wonderful. Enjoy!!

laurie said...

I agree. Those stools are awesome! That looks so professionally done. I would have been buying those in a store for sure. What wonderful treasures you've created from somebody else's trash. laurie

Carrie said...

What wonderful restoration you've done with each of the items!

By the way, you're all signed up for the Holiday Giveaway at Carola Nativity Gallery. Thanks for entering.
All the best to you these holidays.
Carrie

CIELO said...

Hi Ann.... I too love thrifting and the feeling I get from it when I find something I consider a "treasure" in the rough. I always have to admire the result after a littler cleaning or painting... your treasures are lovely...

Have a blessed Thanksgivings

Cielo (yes, the "old soul" fairy of the house in the roses ;))

Shelia said...

Hi Ann and it's so nice to meet you! I'm loving that rooster stool. I love those yard birds! Thanks for popping in to see me!!
Be a sweetie and have a wonderful Thanksgiving,
Shelia ;)

"Blossom" said...

Hi Ann,
Glad you stopped over today and visit some of my room decorated for christmas. Yes I use to own a floral and gift shop. I work out of my home now.
Happy Holidays,
blossom

jeanne said...

Ann, You are the queen of trash to treasure today. All of your great finds are awesome. The vase is gorgeous and your shell mirror is lovely. Nice job on that one. Love the lamp too. The bar stools are really nice with your roosters. Men will never get it, women love figurines. A great treasure of a post. LOL>.

Hugs...Jeanne

nikkicrumpet said...

I love your treasures....I can't even bring myself to use the "trash" word! And I love the prior post with the feather paintings...those are amazing! I'm glad you got a laugh from the Crumpet and Ozzie adventure. They're stinkers but I love them.

Tomarie said...

Ann~~this is inspiring!! Everything is so beautiful! I think this says something about YOU that you are able to see the potential in so many things that others would have overlooked! And I think you're right...we all like giving things a "facelift" and giving them the value they deserve! :-)
I can't pick a favorite...they're all so pretty!

Diane said...

Wow! I love all your trash to treasure things. You've the "eye"!!! ☺ Diane

shirley said...

Hi Ann,
Finaly a moment to sit down and follow your blog. I love your trash to treasure and thank goodness there are folks like you who rescue all this stuff. I like to rescue paper. I just love the feathers. So beautiful. The art work on each one say's it all.
Happy to be a follower!
Be Mine,
Shirley

Lorrie said...

Hi Ann, I love your rooster stool and your frame. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

profenretraite said...

Hi Ann...Just stopping by to wish you a happy Thanksgiving!...Hugs...Debbie

Glenda said...

I am sure you must feel "so much trash, so little time", when you see all the wonderful treasures that others don't have the vision to see, when they toss something away. You did a wonderful job on all of your restorations.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I love your wallvase inside the frame...I'm stealing that idea!

Thanks for teh visit & the comment...I'll check out Trash to Treasure Tuesday. Thanks for the invite!

Kathleen Ellis said...

Love, love, love the frame with the relief inside on the narrow wall!!! What a fabulous idea....hmmmm, where can I.....
Thanksgiving Blessings~

Anonymous said...

Anne you just amaze me! You sure do have the "vision". Those stools are adorable, and I've always admired those shell mirrors too but they always have big price tags. You truly are the "trash to treasure" queen! Love, Cindy

ann said...

THANK YOU DIANE,YOU ARE ALWAYS SO FAITHFUL.AND YOU TOO DEB.WE DO----LOVE OUR ROOSTERS,DON'T WE.DID YOU HAPPEN TO READ THE POST ABOUT MY "REAL"ROOSTER?GLORIA,THANK YOU FOR STARTING ME BLOGGING.I REALLY AM ENJOYING IT SO MUCH.AND MAGPIE,YOU DEAR ARE SO FUNNY.I HAD A TEACHER IN THE 6TH GRADE THAT CALLED ME A MAGPIE.SO IT'S A SWEET MEMORY FOR ME.HA....ANN

ann said...

ELLEN,SO NICE TO SEE YOU HERE.THANK YOU SWEET LAURIE,WHAT A NICE COMPLIMENT.YES,CARRIE,HOPEFULLY,I MIGHT JUST WIN,HUH?AND CIELO.I AM JUST TICKLED YOU CAME BY.WELCOME.
AND SHEILA THANK YOU.YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING TOO.YOU SURE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL TABLE TO EAT OFF OF.AND OUR VERY TALENTED BLOSSUM CAME BY,HAVE YOU ALL SEEN HER POST?LOVELY.SHE'S A
'TIGER" IN HER FIELD.HA
OH JEANNE,WHAT LOVELY COMPLIMENTS,I COULD GET USED TO THIS NOW.HA
AND NIKKI,I ADORE YOUR BLOG.YOU ARE FUNNY AMONG THE FUNNIEST.WELCOME TO MY HUMBLE LITTLE BLOG.
AND TOMARIE,YOU ALWAYS BRING ME UP.WHETHER I'M DOWN OR NOT.YOU ARE SUCH A VERY SPECIAL FRIEND....ANN

lvroftiques said...

Oh my goodness Ann! You are the QUEEN of trash to treasure! That frame is fabulous!! And the rooster stool!!!Me likey!! Me wanty girlfriend!! I need to participate in this one! You know how I love me a good trash to treasure....treasure!! Lol!! Vanna

ann said...

AND ANOTHER QUICKLY BECOMING BUDDY,DIANE,YOU ARE SO SWEET.THANK YOU SHIRLEY FOR YOUR FAITHFULNESS TOO.YOU HAVE A LOVELY TURKEY DAY TOO LORRIE AND DEB.YEP,GLENDA,NOT ENOUGH TIME IS THERE?CAMMIE,YOU CAN BORROW ANYTHING I'VE GOT,HA.AND THANK YOU TO BOTH KATHLEEN AND CINDY.I DO APPRECIATE ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND THE EXTRA TIME IT TAKES IT LEAVE THEM....ANN

Lisa said...

Those are some great treasures! I wish I could find some stools that cheap...Need some bad and don't wanna pay full price. Thanks for letting me visit... :)Lisa