Saturday, November 15, 2008

NO BRAINER-CAMPER STEAK




FIRST OF ALL,ROSE OF SANTAMAKER WILL BE OUT OF TOWN FOR AWHILE.SHE GRACIOUSLY SAID I COULD HOST "NO BRAINERS".BUT I DON'T FEEL CONFIDENT IN THE BLOG WORLD ENOUGH YET.BUT THANK YOU ROSE.I WANT TO THANK ROSE OF SANTA MAKERS JOURNEY, FOR COMING UP WITH THIS IDEA,I THINK IT'S GRAND.I WAS MY USUAL TOTALLY ORGANIZED SELF.HA I FORGOT TO TAKE THE PICS AS I PUT THIS DISH TOGETHER.BUT I SAVED THE DAY.I DID TAKE ONE OF THE FINISHED PRODUCT.
YEARS AGO I GOT THIS RECEIPE FROM A FRIEND AND I HAVE YET TO SEE A MAN THAT DIDN'T LOVE IT.OR A WOMAN.IMAGINE,NO CLEAN-UP.ACTUALLY NO COOKING OR WATCHING.THE OVEN DOES IT ALL.JUST SET THAT TIMER.
I USE ABOUT 2FT.OF FOIL.FOR EACH DINNER.I USUALLY HAVE 4OR5 DINNERS FROM ABOUT 2LBS OF HAMBURGER MEAT.OR YESTERDAY I ADDED 2 STEAKS,THEY WERE JUST AS DELICIOUS.THEN I ADD.POTATOES.(NUKE THEM A LITTLE JUST TO SOFTEN FIRST).ONIONS,BELL PEPPERS,CARROTS AND ONIONS.I JUST PILE THEM ON TOP OF THE MEAT.
THEN I POUR ON ABOUT HALF A BOTTLE OF WORCHESHIRE SAUCE.AND A HUGE PAT OF BUTTER EACH.I USE LAWRYS AND FRESH PEPPER.FOLD UP THE FOIL LIKE A BIG HERSHEY KISS.BAKE AT 350DEGREES FOR 1.5HRS.ADD BREAD AND A SALAD.TADA.DINNER.MY HUBBY WANTS THEM ALL THE TIME.
WHEN YOU'RE FINISHED THROW IT IN THE TRASH.ALL ARE HAPPY.THE FLAVORS KIND OF MELT TOGETHER AND THE MEAT COMES OUT SO TENDER YOU CAN HARDLY PICK IT UP.AND THEY MAKE THE HOUSE SMELL SOO GOOD,THE CLOSEST ITS TASTE IS LIKE THAT OF A ROAST.TRY IT,I GUARANTEE IT...ANN

10 comments:

imjacobsmom said...

This sounds like a great dinner idea! I bet my son would enjoy this. I'll have to try this this weekend. ~ Robyn

profenretraite said...

I have actually used this recipe before! Every word you said is true! It's easy, the house smells wonderful, EVERYBODY loves it and there is no clean-up. How can you beat that? Thanks for sharing it. You've reminded me to fix it again.....Debbie

Glenda said...

I still have this recipe. We got it when I was in Home Economics class in the eighth grade (maybe 1960ish). The teacher passed out recipes on mimeograph paper. Do you remember the smell of the ink? I used a hole punch, when I got my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook in the later sixties, added it, and still have it today.
Back then it was called Hobo meals because everything could be cooked together, with virtually no cleanup needed (Hobo style). The packages can even be used in a campfire if you use a drugstore wrap on the packages. They will slide in among the coals quite nicely.
Like Debbie, I haven't made in awhile, but definitely should. So easy and very, very good.

Glenda said...

I should have said, if you cook in the oven, you can open the foil for the last ten minutes or so and let the potatoes crisp a tad. I sometimes use the broiler for this step. I cut my potatoes like you would for french fries and make sure to salt before wrapping. I have even used canned drained green peas to add a green veggie to the mix.
Sometimes the simplest things are the best. Thanks again for the reminder. I needed to be shaken out of the rut I've fallen into.

laurie said...

Oh, I am sure my dh would love this. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing it. laurie

lvroftiques said...

Yummy Ann!! That sounds delish!! I'll try it for sure! Thanks for sharing! Vanna

Happy To Be said...

Sounds Yummy ann...but 5 hours?? I will try this for sure..thanks for sharing...hugs and smiles Gloria

Happy To Be said...

Sounds Yummy ann...but 5 hours?? I will try this for sure..thanks for sharing...hugs and smiles Gloria

xinex said...

Yummy! Sounds so simple and good, Ann. Thans for sharing...Christine

ann said...

YOU KNOW,I'M SO SURPRISED SO MANY HAVE HEARD OF IT.IT'S SO GOOD ON A LAZY COLD DAY...ANN