Thursday, November 13, 2008

LET'S LET NANNA BRAG ONE MORE TIME.











WELL.AS LAURIE(BARGAINHUNTR)SAYS IT'S MY BLOG AND I'LL WRITE WHAT I WHAT TO.GET READY NANNA IS GOING TO BRAG AGAIN.JUST ONE MORE TIME,FOR AWHILE,OK?I WANT TO BRAG ABOUT MY FIRST BORNS FIRST BORN,OK?


REMEMBER THAT FIRST ONE?MY DAUGHTER HAD HAD A ROUGH TIME.THE CORD WAS WRAPPED AROUND THE BABIES NECK AND WE HAD A LONG DAY AND NIGHT OF IT.I SAY WE,I MEAN,MY DAUGHTER.


THE DR.ATTENDING HER WAS ALSO THE DR.I HAD USED TO DELIVER MY SON,MY LAST BORN.HE SAID FINALLY,LET'S DO A C.SECTION.AFTER SUCH A LONG ADAY AND NIGHT WE FINALLY HAD A BABY.


BACK IN THOSE DAYS,THEY WERE'NT AS FAMILY ORIENTED AS THEY ARE TODAY.MY SON WHOM WAS 12 YRS OLD WENT TO THE BATHROOM.(YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSE TO BE THERE IF YOU WERE UNDER 14,SHHHHHHHHHH.ANYWAY.HE SAW BRITTANY IN THE NURSERY.WE ALL WENT RUNNING,LITERALLY.WE SOUNDED LIKE A HEARD OF CATTLE.ALL IN UNISON WE YELLED"IT'S A BOY'.BECAUSE SHE HAD A BLUE CAP ON.SHE WAS IN AN INCUBATOR,APPARENTLY JUST BORN,.STILL NAKED.SHE THEN KICKED HER BLANKET OFF,WE ALL YELLED ONCE AGAIN IN UNISON.,'IT'S A GIRL".WE DIDN'T CARE,WE JUST WANTED A BABY.


THE DR.CAME OUT AND TOLD US SHE WAS HEALTHY,AND ALL WAS WELL.WE STOOD THERE OOHING AND AHING,THEN ALL AT ONCE SOMEONE SAID,"WHERE'S PAM,(MY DAUGHTER)?I'M ASHAMED AS I WAS THEN TO ADMIT,WE HAD ALL FORGOTTEN THE POOR MAMA.


WELL OF COURSE WE FOUND HER.SHE WAS OF COURSE EXAUSTED BUT SO GLAD IT WAS OVER.I WAS ALITTLE GOOFY WITH EXCITEMENT.I KISSED HER AND STARTED TO LEAVE.SHE WAS IN RECOVERY AND I WAS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE THERE.SHE SAID,"MOM,WHAT IS IT,A BOY OR GIRL"?BLESS HER SWEET HEART,NO ONE HAD EVEN TOLD HER. MEANWHILE,MY SON SAID THE DR.WAS STARING AT ME,WHISPERING,"MOM,(REMEMBER THIS DR.HAD DELIVERED HIM TOO)DO YOU THINK HE REMEMBERS ME?"HE WAS STARING AT HIM I'M SURE BECAUSE HE FIGURED HE WAS TOO YOUNG TO BE THERE.


WELL,EVERYBODY WENT HOME TO REST.THE FOLLOWING MORNING,I WAS UP WITH THE CHICKENS.IN MY YOUNGER DAYS IT TOOK AN ACT OF CONGRESS TO GET ME OUT OF BED BEFORE 7:00,NOT TODAY.


I RACED DOWN TO THAT HOSPITAL.I GOT TO MY DAUGHTERS DOOR,OPENED IT TO SEE MY DAUGHTER HOLDING HER DAUGHTER.I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT FEELING AS LONG AS I LIVE.I WAS HYPERVENTALATING.LIKE THAT COMMERCIAL WHEN THE COUPLE IS RUNNING TOWARD EACH OTHER IN SLOW MOTION?IT WAS PERHAPS 3 FT TO MY DAUGHTER,BUT IT SEEMED 50 .I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER GET THERE.I HAD MY ARMS EXTENDED OUT AND WAS WAVING THEM UP AND DOWN,LIKE GIMME,GIMME.


I FELT SOOOO DOMINATE.NOW THIS IS MY DAUGHTERS BABY,NOT MINE...FEELING CAME OUT I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD.OH THE JOY,THE LOVE,THE PRIDE.


WHEN WE HAVE CHILDREN,YOU'RE SO TIRED.HALF DOPEY,BACK THEN,SORE ND JUST SO GLAD IT'S OVER.BUT....TO BE A GRANDMOTHJER,ALL YOU DO IS WAIT. AND PERHAPS WE DON'T HAVE THE MATURITY TO KNOW WHAT A TRUE BLESSING THEY ARE.


AND YES,THEN I CAME BACK TO EARTH AND STARTED BEING A MOTHER TO MY DAUGHTER.BEHAVING MYSELF.BUT RIGHT THEN,I DUBBED HER,"MY KID".SHE'S HER MOM'S CHILD,DAUGHTER,BUT MY KID.


OK,I MENTIONED WITH LEVI,THAT THERE'S GENIUS' IN MY FAMILY,BRITTANY ALSO IS ONE.SHE GREW UP LIKE HER MOM,BEAUTIFUL,SWEET,AND SO SMART.NONE OF THEM EVER--BROUGHT A BOOK IN THE HOUSE.THEY WENT INTO THE BACK SEAT AND STAYED UNTIL THEY PICKED THEM UP WHEN THEY WERE BACK AT SCHOOL THE NEXT MORNING.IT'S KINDA BECOME A JOKE IN OUR HOUSE.


YOU KNOW THE REST OF US,"NORMAL"ONES WOULD'VE GIVEN OUR EYE TEETH TO HAVE THIS WONDEROUS GIFT,BUT EACH ONE OF THEM IS EMBARRASSED BY IT.ALMOST ASHAMED.MAN-----------WHAT A WASTE ANYWAY,AND THIS WILL SOUND LIKE A LIE,I HARDLY EVER MENTION IT,BECAUSE IT DOES SOUND SO FAR OUT.BUT I SWEAR ITS THE TRUTH.BRITTANY GOT THE HIGHEST S.A.T. SCORE IN TEXAS FOR THAT YR.,I FORGET THE YR,BUT IN HER SENIOR YR.OF SCHOOL.AND OF COURSE THEY ESCALATED HER THROUGH SCHOOL.SHE GRADUATED AT 17.AND OF COURSE FELT SILLY BECAUSE SHE WAS ALWAYS THE YOUNGEST .NEVER PROUD.SHE GRADUATED OF COURSE WUTH SCHOLARSHIPS.


AND SHE DID GO TO COLLEGE.HER MIDDLE NAME HAS TO BE MIDAS.EVERYTHING SHE DOES TURNS INTO GOLD.EVERY JOB SHE GETS IA BETTER THAN THE NEXT.ONE DR.S OFFICE SHE WENT TO WORK IN HAD 4 EMPLOYEES IN THE OFFICE,AND SOON.THEY PUT HER OVER ALL OF THEM.IT'S ALWAYS LIKE THAT.AM I BRAGGING ENOUGH YET?NO?OK....THERE'S MORE.


OF COURSE SHE'S GORGEOUS TOO.ONE NIGHT I WAS WATCHING THE NEWS.AT THIS POINT BRITTANY IS A SINGLE MOM WITH A LITTLE BOY,VERY LITTLE HELP FROM DAD.WORKING,STILL TAKING CLASSES.(YOU KNOW THE STORY).AS I SAID I WAS WATCHING THE NEWS.A GENETIC CLINIC WANTED TO BUY EGGS.FOR A 3 FIGURE FEE.BUT...YOU HAD TO BE IN A CERTAIN AGE GROUP,CERTAIN I.Q. AND ATTRACTIVE.MY DAUGHTER WAS TOO OLD,BUT NOT BRITTANY.


SHE MADE AN APPOINTMENT AND OF COURSE THEY ACCEPTED HER.(BRAGGIN AGAIN),HA.SHE MADE FABULOUS MONEY.BUT IT TOOK A TOLL ON HER.THEY PUMPED HER FULL OF HORMONES WHICH MADE HER CRANKY AND IRRATIBLE.SHE COULD HAVE NO ROMANCE WHAT SO EVER.AND THEIR WERE CONSTANT APPOINTMENTS.AND AGAIN,A JOB,A SON,AND SCHOOL.


SHE WENT THROUGH SEVERAL ROUNDS AND THEY STILL WANTED HER.BUT SHE HAD TO QUIT,FOR HER SANITY AT THIS POINT.BUT,IN THE PROCESS SHE WAS ABLE TO PURCHASE HER FIRST HOME,AT 21,A NEWER CAR,OF COURSE TAKE CARE OF HER SON, BUY SOME NEW FURNITURE,AND PUT SOME IN SAVINGS.


MY DAUGHTER WAS WAITING IN THE WAITING ROOM ONCE FOR HER.THEY WERE EXTRACTING HER EGGS.WHICH BY THE WAY WAS PAINFUL.MY DAUGHTER SAID SHE GOT UP LOOKING FOR A RESTROOM.SHE SAW ANOTHER WAITING ROOM WITH A GLASS DOOR.BEHIND THE DOOR WAS A LOVELY,APPARENTLY VERY WELL TODO COUPLE SMILING AND OBVIOUSLY SO NERVOUS.MY DAUGHTER FIGURED THEY WERE THE COUPLE GETTING BRITTANYS EGGS.WE DON'T KNOW FOR SURE.BUT IF THEY WERE'NT GETTING HERS,THEY WERE THERE FOR SOMEONES.MY DAUGHTER SAID SHE FELT SUCH A PRIDE TO BE ABLE TO HELP A CHILDLESS COUPLE LIKE THAT.


OK,TWO MORE BRAGS ,I'LL QUIT,OK?DEAL....


WITH THE MONEY BRITTANY HAD COMIMG IN,SHE COULD GET HER PROFLIE WORKED UP.SHE GOT SOME WONDERFUL PICTURES TAKEN AND STARTED TRYING TO BE A MODEL.AND ALONG THE WAY FOR EXPOSURE,SHE BECAME A "BUD GIRL".THAT ENTAILED GOING TO EVENTS FREE,AND JUST BEING EYE CANDY.IN THE PROCESS SHE MET ATHELETTES AND A FEW STARS. SHE HAD AN APPOINTMENT WITH VICTORIAS SECRET,BUT DID NOT MAKE IT.BUT I AM SO PROUD SHE WAS EVEN ABLE TO POSE FOR THEM.


NOW I'LL STOP BRAGGIN.

12 comments:

laurie said...

Ann, are you telling me that the gorgeous model in those pictures is her? She is absolutely gorgeous! I guess I'm repeating myself, sorry. You know it's not like me to be at a loss for words, but I am. And brilliant too! Well, I'd be bragging like crazy! And such a touching story of the birth of your grandchild. I remember that feeling well. laurie

Glenda said...

My goodness lady, don't you know it is a grandma's prerogative to brag. Nay, not just a prerogative, but a requirement. Most especially when it is so justified.

Lynne said...

Ann, this story is so moving.You should feel proud!! This is something to be proud of. Is that your granddaughter's picture? Girl if it is she is just "gorgeous"..You do know it's in the unwritten rule book that we brag..and loudly..hugs ~lynne~

Susan (Moonlight and Magnolias on RMS) said...

Brittany is beautiful, Ann! And she has Beauty and Brains! What a wonderful story! I would brag, too! Just wait until I have grandchildren...LOL

ann said...

THANK YOU ALL LADIES.I THOUGHT SINCE ALL WHO READ MY BLOG FOR NOW ARE FRIENDS,WELL,IT GAVE ME A CHANCE TO BRAG,HA.YES THOSE PICS ARE BRITTANY RENEE...AND I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE MORE,HAHA...ANN

profenretraite said...

Hi Ann..Thanks for visiting my blog! I am sooo new at this. I am really enjoying seeing all of the familiar faces from rms. I assume that's your granddaughter....she's gorgeous! Aren't grandchildren wonderful? I only have one so far, but he's the reason I get up in the morning. Love haering about your family...Debbie

xinex said...

Wow! What a story! No wonder you are so proud of your granddaughter: beauty and brains for sure!....Christine

Tomarie said...

Oh Ann~~you have so much to be proud of in that totally gorgeous granddaughter of yours! She's beautiful, smart, and so caring to boot!
Keep up this braggin'!! You have good reason and we love getting to know your babies! :-)
Love ya!

lvroftiques said...

Well you just keep on braggin' Grandma!! You have good reason to! Your Brittany is gorgeous! And a genius to boot! Good genes my friend...And they got lots of them from you! I bet those babies think you're the worlds greatest Grammy Vanna!

santamaker said...

ANN, ISN'T WONDERFUL TO HAVE A PLACE TO SHOW THE PEOPLE AND THINGS THAT ARE CLOSE TO OUR HEART? YOU HAVE MADE IT BIG IN BLOGLAND, GIRL!
SO GLAD YOU'VE JOINED US.
YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER IS GORGEOUS! SHE MUST HAVE GOTTEN THOSE GENES FROM YOU!
HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL!
BE GOOD,(OR ELSE)
SANTA

ceekay said...

Hi Ann...thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't see the rooster picture on the first post anymore, so I am guessing you took it off. If you want to add the picture to the other post go into your edit page, go to the rooster post, hit the edit button and it will be available to add the picture. Just repost and it should be alright. I love that edit page..use it alot!

JuJu said...

hahah thanks nanna ;)

and i loved the story abt my birth.. crazy thing is i remember you doing some of the same things when ur first great grandchild.. wait; only great grandchild was born!! reaching out "gimme gimme" for bryson! lol

i love you!