Tuesday, November 18, 2008

THE GIFT THAT TOOK SO LONG

THE LOVELY LITTLE CARD
5LBS OF BUBBLE WRAP
THE BOX
THE LOVELY TISSUE
ABOUT A WEEK AGO,ALONG TIME CY BER-BUDDY WANTED MY ADDRESS.SHE SAID SHE HAD FOUND SOMETHING THAT MADE HER LAUGH,AND WANTED ME TO LAUGH TOO.WELL,DID THAT GET ME STARTED?THE ANTICIPATION.WORSE THAN CHRISTMAS.I HAD AN ENTIRE WEEK TO WAIT.....
SHE KEPT ASSURING ME,IT'S JUST A SMALL THING.THERE'S NO SMALL THING IN A SURPRISE OR A GIFT FROM THE HEART.IS THERE?JUST TO THINK,SHE THOUGHT ENOUGH OF ME TO THINK OF ME IN THE FIRST PLACE WHEN SHE SAW IT.BUT....TO BUY IT,PACKAGE IT UP,AND GO TO THE POST OFFICE AND PAY TO SEND IT TO ME.WELL----NOW THAT'S SOMETHING,ISN'T IT?REALLY SOMETHING.
AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE,WE LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN.SO OF COURSE THE LITTLE SLIP CAME ON FRIDAY,THE POST OFFICE ISN'T OPEN ON SATURDAY,SO OF COURSE I HAD TO WAIT UNTIL MONDAY.
DH WAS COMING HOME FROM WORK,WITH COKES,GROCERIES,AND MAIL ALL IN HAND COMING THROUGH THE DOOR.I GRABBED THE BOX AND LET HIM WORRY ABOUT THE REST OF IT.I GOT THE SCISSORS AND PRECEDED TO DO SURGERY ON THIS BOX.OF COURSE LEAVING HIM TO FEND FOR HIMSELF.
WELL MY OLE HANDS ARE SO ARTHRITIC,I COULDN'T OPEN IT.AND OF COURSE SHE HAD DONE SUCH AN EXCELLENT AND SUFFICIENT JOB ON IT.I YELLED HONEY,HONEY....HE TOOK THE BOX AND STARTED OPENING IT.
I SWEAR BOTH OF US TURNED INTO CHILDREN AGAIN.HE FINALLY GOT THE BOX OPEN.WHEW!SHE HAD WRAPPED IT YET AGAIN IN LOVELY COLORED TISSUE WITH A BOW.AW---------------IT WAS SO PRETTY,I DIDN'T WHAT TO SPOIL IT.
THERE I AM AGAIN,TRYING TO GET THE GIFT OUT WITHOUT DISTURBING THE BOW OR THE TISSUE.AGAIN,HUBBY HAD TO HELP ME.MY DUMB OLE HANDS AGAIN JUST WON'T MANEUVER.MY PINKIE FINGERS ARE CURLED UP AND ALMOST USELESS,THAT'S THE REAL REASON I ENJOY CAPS AS WELL AS I DO.BUT THAT'S OK,THEY'VE KINDA BECOME MY SIGNATURE....
ANYWAY BACK TO THE GIFT.I GOT THE PRETTY TISSUE OFF IN TACT.MAN-O-MAN,SHE MUST HAVE LEARNED HOW TO WRAP A PRESENT FROM THE CIA.NOW,HA,WE'RE IN 5 LBS OF BUBBLE WRAP.GEESH.I CUT AND UNWRAPPED AND CUT AND TWIRLED THE GIFT AROUND AND AROUND.
MEANWHILE EVEN ROO IS WONDERING,WHAT IN THEW WORLD IS TAKING YOU SO LONG.YOU COULD ALMOST HEAR ROO SAY,"GIVE IT TO ME,I'LL OPEN IT."
I FINALLY GOT IT OPEN.BUT...I FORGOT TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE ELEGANT CARD INSIDE.OH----SO LOVELY AND ELEGANT.I HAVE ELEGANT FRIENDS YA KNOW.AND THE HAND WRITING WAS SO DELICATELY WRITTEN.AW----AGAIN.
I THOUGHT ABOUT MAKING THIS A TWO DAY EVENT,MAKING EVERYONE WONDER,AS I HAD TO,"WHAT WAS IN THAT BOX".YOU KNOW,I THINK I WILL.IT'S MORE FUN THAT WAY,ISN'T IT?TUNE IN TOMORROW TO SEE MY WONDERFUL GIFT.MEANWHILE LOOK AT THE PICTURES OF THE LOVELY PAPER AND THE PRETTY CARD.CAN YOU GUESS WHO THE CY BER-FRIEND IS?AND THE DELICATE LITTLE CARD......SEE YA TOMORROW.

10 comments:

Happy To Be said...

Oh Ann how exciting for you girl...and now the card says its WINKS! or Vanna am I right?? thanks for coming by for tea today...hugs and smiles Gloria

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I am with Gloria the card looks just like Vanna, but we have so many wonderful cyber friends that do such sweet things it is hard to say. Gosh I can't wait to see tomorrow. Love, Cindy

xinex said...

Mmmmmm, I don' know what happened to my comment but Ann, I can't believe you did not reveal what's in the box? Anticipation....anticipation! I am dying of curiosity! It sure is a pretty wrap though and how thoughtful of the sender!....Christine

laurie said...

Oh Shoot! Another tease! I would have never thought that both you and Susan could be such teasers! I'm not even going to try to guess who it is from, because that would be exasperating for me! I'll sure be back tomorrow, you little tease! My anticipation is almost as great as yours! laurie

lvroftiques said...

Well Anniepoo that card has my name written all over it! *winks* What'd ya get? Vanna

profenretraite said...

Ohh Ann...Just the card alone is gorgeous. Can't wait to see what it is...Debbie

Lynne said...

Ok.. girl.. the reveal..the reveal. I'm waiting...can't wait to see what's inside..
hugs ~lynne~

twizzis said...

Hey, hey, hey...what was in the box? No fair...please tell!!! I forgot to say, I giggled through the entire read...you need to write thrillers or maybe comedies.

ann said...

YOU KNOW,I NEVER SAID IT WAS VANNA.BUT THAT CARD SURE DID,DIDN'T IT?AND LAURIE SUSPENSE IS GOOD FOR YOU.

ann said...

OH GAIL HOW FLATTERING.I HAVE SURELY NEVER BEEN TOLD THAT.BUT THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL COMPLIMENT....ANN