Wednesday, November 19, 2008

AND HERE HE IS,TA DA---------------------

HERE HE IS,ALREADY HITTING ON THE GIRLS
AND STILL MORE
SOME ROOSTER PLATES
ANOTHER FAVORITE.MY 25CENT MANGLED LEG BABY
M=ONE OF MY FAVORITE LITTLE HENS.SHE'S REALLY OLD.
ISN'T HE JUST THE CUTEST THING YOU'VE EVER SEEN?ANS WHAT EVEN NEATER ABOUT IT,OF COURSE EVERYONE KNOWS I HAVE ROO,RIGHT?SO I MUST LIKE ROOSTERS.ONCE ON RMS,I POSTED MY ROOSTERS,OR SOME OF THEM.BUT I TOOK IT OFF ALONG TIME AGO.AND NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN MY KITCHEN.SO ALONG WITH SHOWING YOU MY PRECIOUS PRESENT,I'D LIKE TO SHOW YOU THE REST OF MY ROOSTER FAMILY.
I STARTED COLLECTING ROOSTERS YEARS AGO WHEN YOU COULDN'T FIND THEM.OF COURSE NOW,THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.THE VERY LARGE ROOSTER ON THE TOP OF THE CABINETS IS VERY OLD AND HE WAS ONE OF MY FIRST.THE TWO LITTLE WOODEN ONES ON THE GREEN BOX ALSO,AND THE BIG STANDING ONE BY THE PIE SAVER.
THE REST ARE BASICALLY ALL NEW.BUT I'LL SHOW YOU MY VERY FAVORITE TWO,WELL THREE NOW.THE WHITE WOODEN HEN ON THE FRIDGE.SHE'S VERY OLD.WE FOUND HER IN A LITTLE TOWN IN EAST TEXAS AT AN ANTIQUE STORE.I JUST ADORE HER.SHE HAS SO MUCH CHARACTER.AND THE LITTLE HEN ON ONE OF MY PIE SAVERS,BASICALLY HAS NO LEGS.THEIR ALL MANGLED.I PAID 25CENTS FOR HER AT A GARAGE SALE AND SHE'S ALWAYS BEEN ONE OF MY FAVORITES.AND NOW,OF COURSE MY NEW ONE WILL ALWAYS BE ONE OF MY FAVS.
I NAMED HIM REX FOR T-REX.HE KINDA LOOKS LIKE HIS COUSIN T-REX TO ME.I SAT HIM THERE ON THE CABINET,LEFT TO GO TO THE DR'S.[I GOT STRAIGHT A'S AT MY PULMONOLOGIST,YEA].WHEN I CAME HOME,LOOK WHO I FOUND WITH HIM!HE'S ALREADY MESSING WITH THE GIRLS.TEEHEE.HE'S A ROVER DON'T CHA THINK?

16 comments:

profenretraite said...

Ann...How cute! What a lovely gift. Someone knows you have a thing aout roosters! I'm a big fan myself. Thanks for sharing...Debbie

xinex said...

Rex is a cutie and how thoughtful of T. Rex to find and give him to you....Christie

lvroftiques said...

Aww Anniepoo I'm glad you like him! He is one silly lookin' stuck up rooster isn't he?! *winks* I knew you loved roosters (Roo and all) But I didn't know you loved them THIS much!! I LOVED seeing your collection! And girl you have some beauties!! My poor little guy is going to have to try harder if he wants attention from the chicks *winks* Lol! And you have a very nice kitchen Ann!! Why don't you feature it? I'd love to see more!Love you girl. Vanna

lvroftiques said...

Oh poop and most important thing! I'm glad you got A's at the docs!! Yippeee!!! VB

Happy To Be said...

Ann was Rex your gift? and I got it right it was Vanna who send it..cute Roo Ann...hugs and smiles Gloria

laurie said...

Oh, isn't he cute! And your kitchen (which I can't believe I've never seen) is wonderful. Love all the roosters and love your doctor's report. laurie

Diane said...

Hi Ann! Thank you for coming by for a visit! :0} Diane

Anonymous said...

Anne, yea straight A's at the doctor, gosh I am just thrilled to hear that.. so many prayers have been answered. Here are some more for your continued improved health! Your Rex is one handsome boy! Such a sweet loving thing to do with two such sweet loving ladies involved. You must share this beautiful kithen with us.. the bits we got to see with your wonderful collection looks awesome. Love you dear, Cindy

Tomarie said...

Awwwwww...Texas Rex is ADORABLE!!! He just looks like he was "born" to "cocka-doodle-doo" in your kitchen! What a sweet, sweet thing of Vanna to spot this and think of you! I kinda guessed it was her when I saw that ole Paris tower! :-))
So glad for the good health report!! And I agree with everyone else...we need to see more of that kitchen Anniepoo!!
Love ya!

Lynne said...

What a lovely gift Ann... and so sweet of Vanna to send it to you.. I know he's right at home in your lovely kitchen..hugs ~lynne~

Glenda said...

T-Rex looks right at home to me. He really needs more females to keep him occupied.
Glad everything went well at the Doctor's office. You were due a break.

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Hi Ann,
Thanks for adding your link to Trash to Treasure!

I hope you'll be back each week to link a new treasure!
Diane

twizzis said...

Oh, Ann, T. Rex is da man...oops I mean rooster! I'd bet if you were able to replicate him, he'd be the talk of many a town...or maybe the cock of the walk, as it's said. You were ahead of your rooster time, my friend!

ann said...

WELL,I'VE CHANGED HIS NAME TO TEX.EVEN THOUGH MOM ALAWAYS SAID,(OLD WIVES TALE)IT'S BAD LUCK TO CHANGE THEIR NAME.I FORGOT VANNAS BIRD IS NAMED REX.TEX HAS TO BE DIFFERENT YA KNOW...ANN

shirley said...

Hi Ann,
it's me again, Shirley..I just read more of your blog and thought how funny is this. I too love roosters. Haha. I only have one as I collect Valentine's but if I had room in my home I would try to find the biggest rooster I could. They are so beautiful. Mine is just counter size and he holds all my cooking wooden spoons. Happy we have this in common!
Be Mine,
Shirley

Katrina Brown said...

Ann was Rex your gift? and I got it right it was Vanna who send it..cute Roo Ann...hugs and smiles Gloria